[MOD IDEA] sheep dog training.

Started by chacotaco84, December 12, 2017, 03:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chacotaco84

As I was watching one of my chickens get murdered by a fox for the 1000x time before I got my secure barn up, I came up with an idea.  In my game, the "smart" animals, like bears and dogs and such usually just end up being haulers or bullet sponges for melee fighters.  However, I had the great idea for another training tab that could be completed by handlers.

When the training is done, you could assign your dog/bear/war or whatever to shepherd whatever other animals you have in your colony.  They would be programmed to stay decently close by (except to eat and maybe occasionally haul,) and protect the animals.  If a predator locks onto one of your animals to hunt it and it gets close your shepherd animal will rush over and attack it.

I think this would give dogs and such a whole new advantage and honestly, feels more immersive than the vanilla games design of allowing them to haul to your storage zones.

Bolgfred

"The earth has only been lent to us,
but no one has said anything about returning."
-J.R. Van Devil

CannibarRechter

> If a predator locks onto one of your animals to hunt it and it gets close your shepherd animal will rush over and attack it.

And that, folks, is how we get heart-wrenching statues about how our dear pet Fido died heroically to a murderous tortoise.

Anyway, RimWorld humor aside, I like this suggestion. You should suggest it to the Animal Logic mod guy. ;-P

CR All Mods and Tools Download Link
CR Total Texture Overhaul : Gives RimWorld a Natural Feel
CR Moddable: make RimWorld more moddable.
CR CompFX: display dynamic effects over RimWorld objects