Beds and bedrolls

Started by Wanderer_joins, December 22, 2017, 03:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wanderer_joins

I really love the bedroll addition in B18, and did a whole journey with them. But now beds seem a bit OP compared to bedrolls.

In another topic excellent suggestions have been made by scrabbling

What i would consider is:

• Increase the cost of beds and introduce cloth in the recipe. A dining chair is 60 wood, a billars/poker table 110 wood and 80 cloth. A bed would be like 70 wood and 35 cloth. It would mean you could not as casually build/ deconstruct beds to get a high quality bed (superior bed day 1 = .9 comfort, 1.1 rest effectiveness...), and starting with leather bedrolls with endtables and dressers would be a reasonable early game trade off
  • Bedrolls recipe is fine, but they could prevent a mood debuff in a caravan for "sleeping on the ground" or give a siginificant mood buff.

Edit: typo

patoka

i've always thought normal beds were way too easy and quick to build. even with tribal starts in shrublands i have superior beds for every colonist and good med beds and prisoner beds
i guess it gets made up by the weight of beds so that you cant just carry them wherever on caravans, but it is so cheap and quick to build them anyway so most people will just chop down some trees and build new ones wherever they go
bedrolls are a really good addition.
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

khun_poo

Agreed,

Hospital bed cost is 120 steel & 10 meds too. how can normal bed only cost 35 wood?.

Edit typo.

Crow_T

Interesting thought, I may give it a shot in my game. I'd like to know how to use either cloth, fur, or wool for the bed, don't know how when there are already 3 options for the frame.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20