Is fermentation barrel hardcoded to take wort?

Started by daxter154, December 18, 2017, 01:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daxter154

Hello, I'm trying to add distillation in my mod. The process would be *identical* to how beer is made, just re textured and with a different item (eg. not wort). I've looked through the code a bit, and it looks like the Building_FermentationBarrel function AddWort(Thing wort) function takes a Thing object, which goes to reason that any Thing object defined in an xml could be that object, despite the variables being named wort. But I can't find any leads in either the Building_Production.xml Fermentation Barrel Thingdef that would specify what kind of thing it takes.

On top of that, I noticed that there is a specific task for filling the fermentation barrel. I have not looked into that, but I can only imagine there could be a problem of pawns bringing the wrong object as defined in the task to my new building.

TLDR: How do I change the input/output item for fermentation barrel? XML is prefered but I could make a DLL and just mirror the appropriate classes if it turns out that's not possible, and would love some pointers if I need to go in that direction.

dburgdorf

The compost barrels in "Fertile Fields" are based on fermentation barrels. The source code is included with the mod distribution, if you want to take a look.

I'm not sure if it's possible to change the input and output of the fermentation barrels with XML only, since I haven't had a reason to try. But certainly you could do so with Harmony patches, if replacing the default barrel is your intent.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

daxter154