[B19] Charged Weapons for Pirates

Started by Namsan, September 20, 2018, 04:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Namsan

This mod allows elite-tier pirate enemies (bosses, elite mercs) to use spacer weapons like charge rifle or charge lance.
They also might use added spacer weapons from other mods.
I haven't confirmed any incompatibilities so far, so this mod is probably compatible with any mod.

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ougxxky5ukfhe5/ChargedWeaponsForPirates.zip?dl=1

Steam Workshop:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1517668631

FAQ

Q)Will your mod make the game harder?
A)Yes, but not so much. Elite pirates can have charged weapons, but it doesn't mean all of elite pirates have charged weapons.
And vanilla spacer weapons are not game-breakingly strong. So you are probably still able to deal with them.
Some weapon mods may have non-expensive, imbalanced, and overpowered spacer weapons. so if pirates had these broken spacer weapons, you will have a tough time, though.

Q)Will your mod make the game easier?
A)Probably not, but you are maybe able to get spacer weapons without researching. Pirate bosses and elite mercs only show up in late-game, though.
Hello

XeoNovaDan

Awesome! This was one of the B19 changes I wasn't so keen on.

Kirby23590

I really missed them using charge weapons or other energy weapons from other mods.

I would make another type of pawn that only uses charge weapons or a charge lance or even modded laser rifles or plasma rifles but make them rare & only appear in pirate factions.

Though this is a good mod. I really loved seeing some raiders bring me free charge weapons or give me headaches in a raid. Thumbs up! :) 

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Namsan

Quote from: Kirby23590 on September 20, 2018, 09:30:16 AM
I really missed them using charge weapons or other energy weapons from other mods.

This was main reason I made this mod.
I like to use Rimsenal Enhanced Vanilla Pack, but I realized none of pirates are using new charged weapons or smart guns from this mod.
So player's colony is basically only faction that can use new hi-tech weapons.
That's kind of unfair  ;)

Quote from: Kirby23590 on September 20, 2018, 09:30:16 AM
I would make another type of pawn that only uses charge weapons or a charge lance or even modded laser rifles or plasma rifles but make them rare & only appear in pirate factions.

I once considered to make new "more advanced and dangerous" pirate enemy type, but I decided to just modify enemy types that already exist because it's simple and plain.
Hello