Calm before the storm

Started by m0n4rch911, October 25, 2013, 07:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

m0n4rch911

It was a quiet day at Empire. Lightning hit my solar panels so the light was out. French was out doing last minute work before sleeping.

Exhausted from work, everybody is sleeping.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

m0n4rch911

Impeccable timing for the raiders to attack while my grid is down and everyone tired.

There they we're chatting about the weather and how their gonna own my a$$.

m0n4rch911

Last minute preparations. Setting up the sandbags before the fight.
There should be 50 raiders coming after me. Turrets are down.

But nice ol french got spoted. She's an assassin too.

m0n4rch911

Everything would have been fine if my turrets were online. I wasnt prepared for a compact north ambush and my mines were of no help.

Damned lightning had to screw with me. Due to lack of sandbags since it was a rush preparation. I decided i'll keep the other half of my squad for reserve if things goes ugly.

m0n4rch911

Clash as expected went well. Everyone's well covered. Raiders got smart and hid at my solar panels. Dunno if that provide cover.

m0n4rch911

French was 1st one to get spoted which made my preparation very short and now he's running away. weird reaction coming from an assassin.

m0n4rch911

They retreated. Lots of casualties on my end. Probably 10.

It was a good win, lots of rebuilding to be made though. No thanks to French "The Assassin"

m0n4rch911

Would have been grand if french died. Incompetent + Stupid + Coward. Shocking she made it to Assassin.

40 out of 50 raiders dead. 10 out of 30 Colonist on my end dead.

I thought i was going to get owned today. Poor base. Looted. Burned to the ground. We'll die another day :D

Tonight they dine in hell :D

m0n4rch911

How can she even sleep at Night. French the ASSassin.

Sliverine

30 colonists? I struggle to get past 11...i was wondering what mode do i have to play to get such insane numbers of colonists...

Kender

Try Random Randy, you probably will end up more than 40.

But be prepared. Dig more graves, because Raider Group will always outnumber you.
Rogue, from Kendermoore of Dragonlance.

m0n4rch911

That's Random Randy.

Hehehe. I could have nuked the hell out of them so there's no casualties. But that won't be interesting :D. Final shoot out before i do another playthrough.

My most insane raid was 3 groups of 30's. Should have made it a shoot out since it's rare to get that many at the same time.

Ended up nuking them all to hell. Zero casualties on my part.

m0n4rch911

I managed to get 50 colonists in one of my longest playthrough. But once your at that level, it starts getting dull since your uber powerful and rich by then.

I had every colonist armed with T9 Incendiaries. Watched the raiders burn to hell and run around. Good Times :D.

Easy to build up that many, you just have to be in a tactical spot for defending and your pretty much square. Rig the entrance w/ bombs and use dumps for slow motion effect.

Hypolite

Nice story m0n4rch911 :)

Please refrain from double posting when you're not getting around the attachment limitations. You can edit your own posts to that effect.

enystrom8734

Quote from: Hypolite on October 28, 2013, 09:43:47 AM
Nice story m0n4rch911 :)

Please refrain from double posting when you're not getting around the attachment limitations. You can edit your own posts to that effect.

If you are trying to post this many pictures, it may be wise to use an offsite image host and then link the images. That way it becomes easy to edit your own post.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734