Ever eaten without a table in real life?

Started by Scarecrow, December 12, 2017, 10:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magicbush

Quote from: Daimonin on December 14, 2017, 06:57:13 PM
I think the main problem is that there's a bunch of mood penalties that are simply too minor or unreasonable when it comes to causing mental breaks. Eating spaghetti by sitting on he floor with a bowl in your lap may not be ideal, and could very much make for a "Not great day", but it's unreasonable your response would be to murder your buddy and then wonder off into the woods naked.

Certain moodlets should simply not be capable of causing a mental break. At least not the major ones. Alternately, make simple meals negate the "ate without table" penalty, as they are SIMPLE meals like a sandwich, burger, or riceball, that's easy to eat on the move. Fine and lavish meals being more complex stuff your will really want a table and sit down for, like the aforementioned spaghetti.

I'd also like to see some mitigating circumstances for other situations, for example, someone who is starving should gain a mitigating moodlet to avoid a mental break if they are currently gathering/preparing food. It makes no sense that someone who is starving, while carrying some meat to the stove to make food, then randomly decided to drop it on the floor and go starve in his room.... Possibly with the minor exception that they automatically force eat the food the moment it's ready, despite any alternate commands.

For that matter, some of the softer breaks (wandering in a daze, hiding in room, etc) ought to be change to the affected pawns still take care of their basic needs like eating/sleeping. They don't do any work, but they really should at least eat, unless they are intentionally trying to starve themselves to death.

10x this post. I 100% agree, and made a thread about it way back.

Yoshida Keiji

Quote from: Dashthechinchilla on December 14, 2017, 09:21:02 AM
Once I ate without a table. The wind picked up and blew my plate over. I flee into a rage and began a fire starting spree. After 18 hours, I calmned down and sat down to eat a new meal while the world around me burned.

LOL

RemingtonRyder

Wait... are you telling me that people actually sit down at tables to eat?

Marvin has broken down and is wandering sadly.
The last straw was: my chair needs a table.