Question: Are there other mods I can like?

Started by PhantomFav, December 13, 2017, 06:22:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomFav

This is the list of mods I use in Rimworld:

NEVER WITHOUT:
CameraPlus-master
Real fog of war
Mending
AllowDeadMansApparel
TradingSpot
Set-up Camp
PathAvoid

PRINCIPAL:
Hygiene
Children And Pregnancy
More factions
Basic Bridges
WanderingCaravans

OPTIONAL:
PrepareCarefully
CleaningArea
Hand Me That Brick
Hospitality
Zombieland

With this set of mods and mind, are there other similar mods that I don't know and maybe I can like?

Canute

Other never could know what you will like.
My suggestion, browser through the Release forum, and just read the description of the mods.
And just start new colonies with different set of mods, special when there are theme or armor/weapon mods.
If you want try out different mods, you definity should use Modswitch, to handle/restore back to old safegames.

Call me Arty

As a top-down game, you need a flooring mod or two. There's a bunch, so you can just poke around a bit.
Also, humans get boring. Two alien race mods I recommend that aren't too much of a deviation are Equiems (probably spelled incorrectly), a race of herbivorous horse people. Better in caravans and generally kinda fast. Also, Catcacea (also hard to spell). Cactus people, they're tough, slow, and don't like fire. Small, but add a lot of variation to"just humans."
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

sadpickle

[T] MoreFloors is my preferred floor mod, it adds a huge array of options and blends seamlessly with the vanilla floors. Highly recommended for a general-purpose floor mod.

The other mod I don't like to play without is a bionics mod. The two best choices are Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering (EPOE) and Rah's Bionics and Surgery Mod (RBSE). The choice here is really up to you. I play with Rah's, but I've used EPOE in the past and they're both quite excellent. Don't try to load both.

For quality of life I'd highly recommend Stack Merger. There's no easy way to make your colonists tidy up stockpiles without it, and it removes tons of stockpile micro to get things organized.

BoogieMan

A Dog Said...
This allows cybernetic implants for vanilla animals.

[KV] RimFridge - B18
Let's you build refrigerators.

Psychology
Adds more mental bonuses and penalties as well as ways to treat them, etc. Blends pretty well into the vanilla game.

Animal Logic
Makes managing and dealing with animals much more efficient. Most importantly it allows you to see bonded/pregnant in the trade and caravan screen so you don't sell someone's pet on accident.

Therapy
Allows counselors of sorts to talk to unhappy colonists and help them deal with thier problems.

Medical Tab
Adds a tab that allows you to view the health of everyone at a glance to see who may need prosthetics, etc.

JTReplaceWalls [B18]
A life saver for cave bases. Allows you to set walls to be built over existing ones, your people will mine the wall then build the wall in the spot. Otherwise, you can't even designate the wall to be there until it's already been mined out.

AllowDeadMansApparel
I find it boggling that this doesn't already exist in the base game.

"The opposite of the 'Allow non-dead man's apparel' filter for stockpiles and workbenches. Vanilla gives you the option for stockpiles and workbenches, to exclude apparel which hasn´t been worn by dead man with the filter option 'Allow non-dead man´s apparel' But you are unable to exclude apparel which has been worn by dead man. This mod adds a filter for it so you can exclude apparel which has been worn by dead man in stockpiles and workbenches."