Question about "Shoot Frenzy" mental inspiration.

Started by BoogieMan, December 13, 2017, 08:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoogieMan

Quick question..

"Shoot frenzy (3 days): Shooting hit chance improved as though the pawn is 10 skill levels higher."

How does this affect those that already have very high shooting skill? If for example someone with 20 had this effect will it allow them to shoot better despite already being at the skill cap?

Dashthechinchilla

You might be able to test it. I would imagine that the modifier would appear in the mouse over while drafted.

jamaicancastle

According to its def, the inspiration actually directly affects the shooting accuracy stat, rather than a skill. "10 skill levels" is just a convenient way to explain the magnitude of the effect, since how shooting accuracy works is rather complicated.

Hans Lemurson

I think it gives them 200% accuracy so that they hit their target twice with the same shot.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

lancar

Can I also just add that this mental inspiration is the most useless one of the bunch?
It has pretty much never happened in a time where it would be even slightly useful to me. The other inspirations like art and medical can be controlled to trigger when you want them to (by assigning the colonist to that job), and the movement speed & work speed buffs are always good in pretty much every situation.

But shoot frenzy? I can't actually control when a raid happens, so pretty much all the time the buff is wasted.
I'd rather the combat skills were left alone and we'd get a smithing/tailoring inspiration instead. Then, at least, I could get a better chance at a great weapon that would help my pawns fight better.

Dashthechinchilla

Quote from: lancar on December 14, 2017, 04:30:34 AM
Can I also just add that this mental inspiration is the most useless one of the bunch?
It has pretty much never happened in a time where it would be even slightly useful to me. The other inspirations like art and medical can be controlled to trigger when you want them to (by assigning the colonist to that job), and the movement speed & work speed buffs are always good in pretty much every situation.

But shoot frenzy? I can't actually control when a raid happens, so pretty much all the time the buff is wasted.
I'd rather the combat skills were left alone and we'd get a smithing/tailoring inspiration instead. Then, at least, I could get a better chance at a great weapon that would help my pawns fight better.
My shoot frenzy guys usually go on a large game hunting spree. That is about all I do with it.

jamaicancastle

Quote from: lancar on December 14, 2017, 04:30:34 AMThe other inspirations like art and medical can be controlled to trigger when you want them to (by assigning the colonist to that job), and the movement speed & work speed buffs are always good in pretty much every situation.
I think I'd like it better if it could be "dormant" for an extended time (like the art and medical ones), and then when triggered by the colonist actually shooting something, would last for a balanced amount of time (say 12h).

I wouldn't mind if it applied to melee combat accuracy as well, to avoid situations where your brawler or whoever ends up with it. :(