Drug Withdrawal and Animal Handling

Started by The-MathMog, December 14, 2017, 05:26:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The-MathMog

Just wanted to share a scenario that I just encountered, and had missed for quite a while.
So to start off, I for the first time tried implementing a bit of drugs into my colony, assigning a few colonists to use wake-up. It started off well, until first a they all became addicted, one was brain-damaged, and then eventually two of them actually died...
So, I disallowed all drugs again, meaning that I now have a few pawns running around with drug-withdrawal. Apparently that thing lasts a loooong time, and it slows the pawns down significantly.

I later noticed how much of my colony was getting very dirty. I usually have a few of the less useful colonists who isn't capable of much else, do the cleaning, so I checked up on one of them. Jup, who was in withdrawal, but also quite a capable animal handler. The few first times I checked him, he was indeed cleaning a bit.
But one time I saw him going to train a wolf, who was just in front of him.. Problem was, that the wolf was actually walking faster than he was. Even at just "wandering" speed... Which meant that he would endlessly try to chase down and train that wolf, until he either got hungry, joy-deprived or that someone else had trained all the animals.. No wonder my colony looked like a mess, when I had one permanently chasing house-animals...! Haha..

cyberian

That is a really fun story. My peoples also walk around in full plate (MT mod) with -x move because I don't like changing so I might not want to go WU addiction :)

But Wake-Up is actually a nice drug. Its just bad that it requires that Neutroamine thing that you can't produce yourself only trade for.
Btw. does anyone know if tolerance decreases are for each drug seperately? Because then you would actually be able to go one Psychoid Pekoe every two days, one Wakeup every four days and one Beer every four days on all pawns without ever getting any tolerance or addiction. I might have to try that out.