[B18] [W]mods: Boots and Gloves, Clear Way (02.02.2018)

Started by wwWraith, December 14, 2017, 10:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwWraith

[under construction...]

Mod name and link

Version

Date

Description
[W] Boots and Gloves    0.18.1    31.01.2018    Adds some boots and gloves.
[W] Clear Way    0.18.0    02.02.2018    Makes the filth to slow pawns (a little) so they should (at least sometimes) avoid stepping on it and spreading it more.

I know that my English is not good, so if someone will want to help me to improve the text used in the mods and/or their posts, feel free to tell me.
Also I don't rely on my art skills so I tend to use any existed textures rather than trying to create them myself. So if someone will want to draw them, I'll be grateful. Currently there is a need for:

• light/heavy/tactical boots/gloves.

All my mods should be compatible with ModSync Ninja unless otherwise stated in their post. However it doesn't mean that they require it.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Shotgunfrenzy

Looks great man

The only thing I'd suggest is changing the recipe's slightly for balancing reasons
e.g. light boots 35 fabric but heavy boots make it require 20 cloth and 40 either fabric or just straight out leather
Might also want to take the hyperweave requirement out of the tactical versions

Great to see someones updating the old mods with their own personal flair, keep up the great work dude

frenchiveruti

Hello! great mod, I saw a suggestion the other day about this and I thought it would be cool to have.
One question:
You say that Bionics in Vanilla won't work.
What about Bionics in EPOE or Rah's?

Also, will you include ModSync Support?

Thanks!

Canute

frenchiveruti,
i think he mean that bionic legs/arm rework the body, so they can't use hand/foots anymore (that allready happen at A17).
If you replace just hands/feets with bionic you still can use boots/gloves (i think didn't test it yet at B18).

wwWraith

Quote from: Shotgunfrenzy on December 14, 2017, 04:17:19 PM
The only thing I'd suggest is changing the recipe's slightly for balancing reasons
e.g. light boots 35 fabric but heavy boots make it require 20 cloth and 40 either fabric or just straight out leather
Might also want to take the hyperweave requirement out of the tactical versions
I'm thinking about some tweaks in recipes, probably by making light versions require any textiles and heavy require leathers + some steel. But not going to remove hyperweave (at least completely) as tactical versions are "ultimate" and intended to be "tasty" even in late game, when the hyperweave is probably the only material that is challengeable enough. I think that if someone likes to lower the challenges, they already are using some mods for it (ReclaimFabrics, Mending, something that allows to craft Hyperweave and/or decreasing its overall rarity), so the difficulty will be "selfscaled" to their preferred level.

Quote from: frenchiveruti on December 14, 2017, 05:00:41 PM
I saw a suggestion the other day about this and I thought it would be cool to have.
Yes, I saw probably the same suggestion and thought at first about updating that mod, but finally decided to just publish what I already had working for me :)

Quote from: frenchiveruti on December 14, 2017, 05:00:41 PM
Also, will you include ModSync Support?
Maybe later, right now I'm not sure if it would worth the efforts.

Quote from: Canute on December 15, 2017, 03:46:18 AM
frenchiveruti,
i think he mean that bionic legs/arm rework the body, so they can't use hand/foots anymore (that allready happen at A17).
If you replace just hands/feets with bionic you still can use boots/gloves (i think didn't test it yet at B18).
Yes, boots/gloves require feets/hands to be weared, but bionic legs/arms are "things as a whole" and doesn't have feets/hands as distinct bodyparts. Honestly I didn't test it in B18, too, so if it was changed, please correct me. Also I heard of attempts to fix this issue by some mods but can't remember how successful they were.

And thanks for your feedback :)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

chacotaco84

Hey I like your mod a lot, but I'm not seeing the recipe for the boots and gloves in the tailoring workbench.  Could it be a conflict with any mods?

wwWraith

chacotaco84, it could be if some mod does some weird things, but at least not any mod that I tried. I suppose that you have checked that this mod is installed and activated correctly and that you have researched Complex Clothing tech. You can try to use HelpTab to search for recipes.

chacotaco84

Ok took your advice and looked up helptab. According to helptab I need the "tiberium research crafting adapter" in order to build light/heavy boots and gloves!  No idea how you're mod would run into incompatibilities with Tiberium Rim!

Tactical Boots and Gloves still require the machining table which works. 

I fixed it by putting Tiberium Rim below it in the load order.

Thx for the help troubleshooting.

Harry_Dicks

Maybe some mods are overwriting other mods defs that they rely on.

pinguin42

Just noticed that the light gloves from this mod have a very low amount of hitpoints (20 for normal cloth light gloves). This means they are literally disintegrating into nothing from wear within ~10 game days. Is this intentional or a typo?

I realize I can easily change this in the defs, just wanted to post here to check.

wwWraith

pinguin42, thanks, I should really increase it. Probably these values are there from some earlier alphas and I didn't pay enough attention to it.

Kori

Just a few days ago I was so sad to find out that the Hand 'n Footwear mod won't be continued anymore and now I find yours! Thanks you! :)

wwWraith

Overview
This mod adds just what it says: some boots and gloves. It was made some time ago deriving from Raccoon's mod Boots and Apparel for personal use. It also uses some textures from XeoNovaDan's mod Hand 'n' Footwear. I think it works fine enough for me, but if there will be other people interested, I'll try to refine and improve it.

Details
Light and Heavy versions require Complex Clothing research and are made at the Tailoring Bench. Tactical versions require Powered Armor research and are made at the Machining Table.

Name
Blunt armor
Sharp armor
Heat armor
Heat insulation
Cold insulation
Extra
Made from
Light boots
Move speed + 0.2
30 Fabric/Leathery
Heavy boots
30 Leathery + 10 Steel
Tactical boots
+5
Move speed + 0.2
30 Plasteel + 10 Synthread + 10 Hyperweave + 4 Components
Light gloves
Work speed + 0.1
20 Fabric/Leathery
Heavy gloves
20 Leathery + 10 Steel
Tactical gloves
+5
Work speed + 0.1, Melee hit chance + 0.2
20 Plasteel + 10 Synthread + 10 Hyperweave + 4 Components

Compatibility
It's pure XML and does not change anything except adding these things so it shouldn't have incompatibility problems.
There was a report about strange issue with TiberiumRim: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37639.msg394137#msg394137

Issues
Bionic legs/arms in vanilla don't technically include feet/hands, so boots/gloves can't be worn by pawns that have both bionic legs/arms.

License
Creative Commons License. This means that you're allowed to derive from this mod, as well as include this in a mod pack - so long as you give appropriate credits and links.
(I hope I understand it right that it must be inherited from Hand 'n' Footwear mod as I used textures from it). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Download
It's in attachment (at least for now). You may have to login to the forum to download it.

Changelog

0.18.1 (31.01.2018):
Tweaked recipes and hit points of the items.
Added Tactical boots/gloves to the random quest rewards.
Added ModSync Ninja support.

0.18.0 (14.12.2017): initial public version.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

wwWraith

I've updated Boots and Gloves. As it changes the recipes, I recommend to temporarily remove the orders to craft them in your workbenches prior to update if you do it in existing colony.

The first post will be edited as I decided to add something more...

Harry_Dicks

Add something more? Ooooo, I'm excited!