[1.0] Rimhammer - The End Times

Started by SickBoyWi, December 29, 2018, 09:27:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SickBoyWi

I've finished the first stab at a new mod entitled Rimhammer - The End Times

Discord link is here: https://discord.gg/UCmQbCT

Direct download link is here: http://nerdtournament.com/mods/rimworld/Rimhammer-TheEndTimes/releases/Rimhammer-The-End-Times.zip

I created a version that leaves all the technology stuff unchanged. It can be found here: http://nerdtournament.com/mods/rimworld/Rimhammer-TheEndTimes-WithGuns/releases/Rimhammer-The-End-Times-WithGuns.zip

Steam link is here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1606766209&tscn=1546076155

The about text from the mod (and therefore the description) is here:

This mod is intended to add some Warhammer flavor to your games of RimWorld. If you don't know what that means, it means that this mod, and those that come after it, will provide a great non-modern high fantasy version of RimWorld.

This is the base mod for the Rimhammer mod series. It is the first, and sets up the some groundwork for the other mods.

Things that this mod does:

Adds Chaos Wastes biome. Makes all non-IceSheet tiles over and under a specific latitude into Chaos Wastes biome rather than what they'd otherwise be. There is a small section of latitudes between the Chaos Wastes, and the non Chaos Wastes, where they will randomly overlap to give the appearance of the wastes expanding.

The Chaos Wastes biome has a new map event: Chaos Storm. While a Chaos Storm is raging, any pawn not in shelter will have a new health condition applied, and increased the more they are exposed. The new health condition is Chaos Taint. As the Chaos Taint level increases, the likelihood that the pawn (non-animal) will go into a Berserk mental state increases. If the Chaos Taint level gets high enough, the pawn may turn into a new pawn; a Chaos Spawn. That pawn is dead to the player. The Chaos Spawn is a human that has succumbed to the taint of chaos, and turned into a maddened mutant killer.

Pawns that see a Chaos Spawn will have a negative mood penalty applied due to having seen such an abomination; however, pawns that see a dead Chaos Spawn will get a positive mood bump for it. If a pawn reaches a Chaos Taint level of 100% without becoming a Chaos Spawn, that pawn will die.

Eating meat from a Chaos Spawn will increase a pawn's Chaos Taint level, potentially causing the Chaos Taint issues mentioned above. It will also cause negative mood modifiers.

Animals exposed to Chaos Taint may go maddened, but will not turn into a Chaos Spawn.

The biome also introduces new chaos themed terrain, dead trees, and a small smattering of poor (not nutrient rich) grass.

Removes everything in the game after the medieval time period. No electricity. No guns. No bionics. You get the idea.

Adds a fueled smithy (forge, bellows, and anvil). Replaces modern electric smithy with a wood fueled version.

This mod requires no other mods to function.

The next step in the RimHammer - The End Times mod series will be to implement the various races present in the Warhammer world when The End Times went down. It will be a full fantasy race extravaganza. Once those races are completed, I will likely move on and do some of the Age of Sigmar races.

I am planning to start the new races series with Dwarfs, and then Beastmen; because they're my two favorite armies from Warhammer. After that, I think Ogres are in order. I am going to try to add all the races from Warhammer as playable races: Lizardmen, Orcs and Goblins, High Elves, Dark Elves, Daemons of Chaos, Chaos Mortals, Skaven, The Empire, Bretonnia, and so on. The human factions may be combined into one release. Perhaps I'll even do some of the lost races like the Fimir if I get far enough. I will be adding in magic, beast riding, and so on. Every race will have their own special attributes/effects; flavorful things pulled from the Warhammer world that made them great there.

This mod took many, many hours of work. Special thanks to the Lord of the Rims series for inspiration, and some great examples to get me going. Also, special thanks to the people at the Ludeon forums who answered my programming/config questions. This series will likely not be released fast. I'm one person, and the amount of work involved is significant. This first mod took easily over forty hours of work.

========================
Changelog
========================

1.0.0.2 2018-12-29
========================
Added colonist thought/memory modifier when another colonist mutates into a chaos spawn.

1.0.0.1 2018-12-28
========================
The last few pending items have been finished. Testing started in earnest.   

1.0.0.0 2018-12-26
========================
Development completed. All the bugs seem to be worked out. I'm waiting on one answer to a question for help from the Ludeon forums. 

0.0.0.1 2018-12-06
========================
Development started.

Canute

SickBoyWi,
your project sounds nice.
But could you please provide a non-steam download ? The forum is mainly use for DRM-free users.

FindorKotor93

Quote from: Canute on December 29, 2018, 11:12:28 AM
SickBoyWi,
your project sounds nice.
But could you please provide a non-steam download ? The forum is mainly use for DRM-free users.

Whilst this would be helpful for everyone I'd like to point out to the author he is not obligated to do so.

Krzysztof

Quote from: FindorKotor93 on December 30, 2018, 07:01:10 AM
Whilst this would be helpful for everyone I'd like to point out to the author he is not obligated to do so.

I'm not sure what it is nowadays with people having to respond like this, it would be appreciated if you respected others opinions. I'm sure the author understands the rights to his mod, their is no need to make the obvious. I hope you understand.

SickBoyWi

There is a direct download link above. I added one for the medieval version, and one for the full-tech version.

Canute

Much thanks,
did you notice the steam link isn't working. But noone here need steam anyway.

SickBoyWi

Thanks Canute. I fixed that. I lost my original steam upload ID, and had to change it. The link that was here before to Steam had the original ID. Good catch!

Lormax

Hello there SickBoyWi!  I just recently found your Medieval Vanilla mod, hoping that it would solve a conflict.  Unfortunately, it doesn't.  I'm using only 4 mods to create the conflict.  Medieval Times, Combat Extended, Medieval Timers/CE Compatibility Patch and Medieval Vanilla.  What happens is that the low tech arrows all disappear from the 'Crafting Spot' once I add Medieval Vanilla.  The same thing happens with Lord of the Rims - The Third Age, which is how I found your mod when I went searching for a different tech-limiting mod.  I'm guessing that the arrows don't have a certain tag or something to prevent them from being blocked by your mod?  I've tried poking around, but I have no idea what your mod is looking for to prevent removal, I'm at a loss as to what to do.  Any thoughts or ideas?  Thanks! 

(I'll be cross-posting this, sorry in advance for spam)

SickBoyWi

Hey Lormax. I'll put that on the list. Sorry I missed this message. If you post on the Steam comments, I'll see them much sooner. I'll make it point to lurk here more often. I'll pull those mods down and see if there's an error. If not, it should be obvious what's happening based on the arrow recipe.

82ab53e4

Hi!  I have a request about Medieval Vanilla and Combat extended. I tried combat extended for medieval run and met "tribal thunderers" and Archer Chiefs with guns. Can you make them removed too? Also, thanks for awesome mod!

Kramoliun

there is aby possibility for skaven races in this mod?
Alea Jacta Est.