[1.0] Technology Blueprints

Started by LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94, December 15, 2017, 03:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelekineticSloth

I was hoping that this mod would make it so the blueprint is needed to start a research.

vizor

Well, you play tribal, you struggle to research medieval techs so you can slowly crawl towards electricity. Then an item drops that a) you can't use, you can sell it, and you definitely should, because after you got it, total worth of your colony more than doubled up so next ride will come with machine guns instead of knives... I can see the balance of this in two ways:

a) drastically limit the cost and add menu option to disable crafting it.
b) allow blueprints only from your tech or one above your tech (should be customizable in options aswell)

Ruisuki

Quote from: TelekineticSloth on November 08, 2018, 05:45:15 PM
I was hoping that this mod would make it so the blueprint is needed to start a research.
lol that might be a good idea

publicuser

Simplified Chinese translation by master_wu. In attachment

[attachment deleted due to age]

Shekotun

Good mod. But you should add "preferences/config" for chances of appearance and speed progress. Disbalance for mass killing on high level difficult. Thx.

LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94

Mod updated to version 1.0.4.
Download on the Steam Workshop or GitHub.

Changelog 1.0.5
Fixes

- Mod compatibility with Research Tree & ResearchPal.

Make sure that Technology Blueprints is loaded after any mod that adds, removes or changes Research Projects, including Research Tree & ResearchPal.

LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94

Thanks for your feedback vizor, TelekineticSloth and Shetokun! And sorry for replying so late, my e-mail notifications don't seem to be working for some reason...

With this update to compatibility, I will look into options - as this seems to be something most people are interested in.

Alas, the "tech needs blueprint to be researched" is out of scope for this mod (but i do like the idea) :)

And thanks a bunch publicuser for the link to the Chinese translation by master_wu! Do you know how I could easily distribute this optionally on the workshop to make the task easier for Chinese players? Thanks in advance!

rakkaus

It would be really cool if you had to find a blueprint in order to be able to research a given technology. It would need to be balanced so only technologies one step away from the current researched will drop. Also if you do not have all technologies from a given era researched you cannot go into the next era.

Ruisuki

does researchpal still through up errors? is it unplayable or minor bug?

LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94

Quote from: Ruisuki on April 25, 2019, 07:36:21 AM
does researchpal still through up errors? is it unplayable or minor bug?

Hey Ruisuki ! We've updated with a fix, so there's no longer any compatibility problems (AFAIK). If you do encounter some problems, do say but it should run smoothly now :)

Cheers!

Ruisuki

hello i thought this made it so it gives you progress towards a technology, not the full research per blueprint? Because thats what its doing for me. its essentially like the subpersona core, except more common

Oh I see it only applies to tech thats of a higher grade than your own. Hmmmm is there any way to change that aspect? Maybe a mod settings option to allow us to tweak the progress per print ourselves?

LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94

Hey @Ruisuki!

That's actually one of the things in my todo for the mod (You can see the whole "todo" here: https://github.com/NoahKYoung/RimworldDiscoverTechsMod/issues). Tbh, I haven't had much time to do anything besides work this year, but when I get the chance this is definitely some of the things you can expect from mod options.

Currently, the idea was that if you found a blueprint of your tech level: you're able to understand it, so you automatically unlock the tech. If you're not, you only understand fragments of the technology described on the blueprint.

But some options to tweak values etc would be a definitive plus to the mod! Thanks for your feedback :)

Asteyr

Hi there, awesome mod. Perhaps you should edit the first post and let people know that the incompatibility with mods like Research Pal is fixed. If I did not have that habit of checking the last page of mod threads to see what the current state is, I would probably have passed on it. :)

Thank you for the awesome mod :)

LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94

Hey @Asteyr! Can't believe I forgot to correctly update the first post, I must have been really tired lmao

Thanks a lot for the heads up and praise :)

Ruisuki

Quote from: LOLKAT_KOMRAD_94 on September 18, 2019, 05:36:31 AM
Hey @Ruisuki!

That's actually one of the things in my todo for the mod (You can see the whole "todo" here: https://github.com/NoahKYoung/RimworldDiscoverTechsMod/issues). Tbh, I haven't had much time to do anything besides work this year, but when I get the chance this is definitely some of the things you can expect from mod options.

Currently, the idea was that if you found a blueprint of your tech level: you're able to understand it, so you automatically unlock the tech. If you're not, you only understand fragments of the technology described on the blueprint.

But some options to tweak values etc would be a definitive plus to the mod! Thanks for your feedback :)
cool man I appreciate that it's on your radar