[1.2] Expanded Woodworking (Revived) (2020-11-28)

Started by Spaceman, December 15, 2017, 04:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman

The spirit of Qwynn's Expanded Woodworking risen and updated from the depths of the forums to the land of the active!

The days of the 'WoodLog' are gone. Awaken that inner lumberjack as you become surprised that each tree (and cactus too) produces a different type of wood and color!

Let that designer and carpenter in you sprout as you decide which wood type to use!

Expanded Woodworking is an updated fork of ItchyFlea's Extended Woodworking.

This is more of an upgrade given about 60% of it contains restructuring, editing, added and removed content, better compatibility, and balancing since Qwynn's release for A16.

Kind of ironically and as result of having been inspired by the original, this is also the first time I have worked with XML and C#.

I'd be happy to return this should Qwynn return and request it back.

FEATURES

• Trees, Saguaro, and bamboo have their own unique wood.
  • Every wood type (except Saguaro) has a corresponding lumber!
  • Process logs into lumber at the woodworking tables!
  • Lumber is used in both construction and in crafting.
  • Supports any starting scenario through using the crafting spot.
  • Raw logs are used as fuel!
  • Realistic wood colours!
  • Support for other mods!
  • ModSync RW and Fluffy's Mod Manager support!
  • Compatibility with any mod using wood as a fuel item.

COMPATIBILITY
Mods given extended functionality with included patches:

Expanded Woodworking (EW) overwrites the following vanilla definition:

• Wood Log
Patches edit the following vanilla definitions:

• Trees
  • Brewery and barrels
  • Butcher table
  • Torch lamp
  • Campfire
  • Any other wood-fueled items (incl. from other mods)
  • Passive cooler
  • Spike trap
  • Joy and art objects
  • War mask
  • Peg leg and wooden foot
  • Weapons made of wood
  • Marble blocks

Separate Vegetable Garden Project (VGP) patch overwrites:

• Bamboo and ironwood
And patches edit the following from VGP:

• Fruit trees from Vegetable Garden and More Veggies
  • Trees from Xtra Trees and Flowers
  • Compost starter
  • Drinks table
  • Ironwood floors
  • Loom

DOWNLOADS

Expanded Woodworking           Expanded Woodworking for VGP*

* requires Expanded Woodworking and Vegetable Garden

I recommend Fluffy's Stuffed Floors in addition for the awesome and fancy flooring you'll be able to make with Expanded Woodworking!

CREDITS

• ItchyFlea - The original mod.
  • Qwynn - The original Expanded Woodworking and core code of the mod.
  • Fluffy - Several random, helpful forum posts.
  • dismar - Forum posts and Vegetable Garden.
  • A talking dolphin - The lumber graphic.
  • Thirite - Fruit tree coding and troubleshooting.
  • lex1975 & DiamondGrace - Russian language localisation.
  • Azarashi - Castellano Spanish language localisation.
  • XeoNovaDan - Realistic Planets patch.
  • KennethSamael - ReGrowth: Biomes of The Rim patches.
  • Chowder - Woodworking table graphics.
  • Dr_Zhivago - Dead Goat's and RT's Weapon Packs patches, miscellaneous patches, and woodworking table graphics.
  • cuproPanda, Dingo, jecrell, minimurgle, skullywag - A variety of helpful forum posts, graphics, tools, and tutorials.

ISSUES

Reporting:
If you find any bugs or vanilla wood items that are not properly stuffed (capable of being built with all lumber types), please let me know! When making a bug report, please make sure you have developer mode enabled in your Rimworld settings. You may then create your report either on this forum post or at the GitHub repositories. A link to your exported HugsLib log would be greatly appreciated as well.

Scenarios:
Attempting to use the scenario editor on any custom scenario which references items made from vanilla wood logs will not work and flood the debug log with errors. Attempting to select a scenario that references items made from EW wood types without EW installed will have the same effect. As a workaround to this problem, you may disable EW, create a blank scenario from the one you wish to edit (such as Lost Tribe), save it, and re-enable EW. You will then be able to edit the blank scenario template.

Zalpha

What a beautiful looking mod, I must use it! Great work, good job!

From GitHub's download page:

Recommend using Expanded Woodworking and Expanded Woodworking for Vegetable Garden Project as bookends to Vegetable Garden Project. Essentially, put all the mods from the Vegetable Garden Project in-between these two mods.

So my mod order should look like this?

Expanded Woodworking
Vegetable Garden
Gourmet Garden
Garden Drinks   
Garden Medicine
Garden Fabrics
Garden Resources
Soylent Production
Garden Tools!
More Veggies!      
Xtra Trees and Flowers!
Expanded Woodworking for Vegetable Garden

Spaceman

Quote from: Zalpha on December 15, 2017, 04:46:54 AM
From GitHub's download page:

Recommend using Expanded Woodworking and Expanded Woodworking for Vegetable Garden Project as bookends to Vegetable Garden Project. Essentially, put all the mods from the Vegetable Garden Project in-between these two mods.

So my mod order should look like this?

Expanded Woodworking
Vegetable Garden
Gourmet Garden
Garden Drinks   
Garden Medicine
Garden Fabrics
Garden Resources
Soylent Production
Garden Tools!
More Veggies!      
Xtra Trees and Flowers!
Expanded Woodworking for Vegetable Garden

Yes! You'll get some errors with VGP, but I have outlined why those occur and not to worry about them under the 'Issues' section above.

Edit: Strike through as the errors should no longer occur since 12-31 update.

Zalpha

I really like the idea of this mod, it would make going to other areas to harvest wood as something to do now. I would only consider doing so to mine ores but now, wood collection is an option too.

Edit: I have tested out the mod, it is great!

I want to recommend playing it with More Furniture and T's Mods: beds (MoreBedsVanilla), the amount different types of beds you can get in game I guess are well over a hundred, by combining blanket types with wood types the range of designs are many.

More Furniture - [B18-A16] More Furniture
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16977.0

and

T's Mods: beds -[B18] T's Mods (Floors, beds, crops, meals, cotton and cookery tweaks)
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4373.0

It is really awesome.

LuizTNC

Nice mod, but hey, i can seem to cut fruit trees. They end up giving unlimited harvests and thus infinite food. I gotta go somewhere rn but when I get home i'll send you the debug message.

Edit: NEVERMIND, forgot to install a file

Spaceman

UPDATE NOTICE:
Expanded Woodworking (& VGP)

• ModSync support
  • New textures for woodworking tables
  • Zen Garden and Nature's Pretty Sweet patches

Highly recommend downloading and using.
New woodworking tables in cypress, mixed (vanilla Rimworld wood color), and plasteel as a sample:

As a curious feature for your left-handed colonists, saw dust and wood chippings pattern shows from left-to-right (instead of right-to-left) across saw blade when back of table is on the left-side.

Topper

Spaceman

UPDATE NOTICE:
Expanded Woodworking

• Update to Zen Garden patch as a result of the update to Zen Garden and preventing xml errors from the update.

Derche

thanks for the update heads up. and also thanks for sharing https://neotires.com, it really looks amazing!

LuizTNC

Hey you might want to look at something. There is an option to craft mixed lumber from... MIXED LUMBER, which if not unchecked can cause an infinite loop
>insert 15 mixed lumber
>get 15 mixed lumber

Ranisimo

This may be a stupid question, but how do you construct the different wood flooring? I can't seem to find the different floors anywhere?
I'm a real life boomrat.

Spaceman

Quote from: LuizTNC on December 21, 2017, 02:54:59 PM
There is an option to craft mixed lumber from... MIXED LUMBER, which if not unchecked can cause an infinite loop
I assume you are talking about the bundling lumber recipe since it is the only one which uses lumber as ingredients. Once the holidays pass and I fix my computer, I'll change it to not be included as default within the recipe.

Quote from: Ranisimo on December 27, 2017, 11:11:43 AM
This may be a stupid question, but how do you construct the different wood flooring? I can't seem to find the different floors anywhere?
This mod works seamlessly with Fluffy's Stuffed Floors mod. In order to have the floors currently, use it as well.

Spaceman

UPDATE NOTICE:
Expanded Woodworking (& VGP)

• Bundling lumber no longer includes mixed lumber as a usable ingredient
  • Fuel patch system rewritten to apply to any mod using the vanilla WoodLog in the fuel filter
  • Bamboo is now a fuel source
  • Compatibility with Stuffed Workbenches and DeCore
  • Billiard and poker tables no longer require mixed lumber when using a different material
And what I am most excited to report, patch fail errors should no longer appear for users of mods from VGP with the most recent releases of each! Made possible with a combination of updates from both of our mods.

Highly recommend downloading and using as it contains a good amount of fixes for better compatibility going into 2018.

Harry_Dicks

This mod is just plain awesome. I can finally get that perfect color floor I was looking for (cecropia) for my lounge-fireplace-library area.

mmance

seems that acacia trees from Vegetable Garden Extra Trees when harvested gives mixed lumber.

can I suggest making lumber usable as fuel?  maybe less efficient?  I just don't see how I can't throw lumber on a fire to keep my pawns warm.