[1.2] Expanded Woodworking (Revived) (2020-11-28)

Started by Spaceman, December 15, 2017, 04:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceman

Quote from: mmance on April 08, 2018, 06:58:05 PM
seems that acacia trees from Vegetable Garden Extra Trees when harvested gives mixed lumber.

can I suggest making lumber usable as fuel?  maybe less efficient?  I just don't see how I can't throw lumber on a fire to keep my pawns warm.
The reason lumber isn't a fuel is because there is no way to determine which of the lumber types would be used. This would mean that the more expensive and stronger types could end up being tossed in as fuel when you don't want it to be. We cannot see or manually disable what is used as fuel currently within the game. I do understand the realism of it still being wood and so should be fuel, though.

If you really want lumber as fuel, replace the 'UniFuel.xml' file in the 'Patches' folder of the mod with the 'UniAllFuel.xml' file attached this comment. I won't be keeping the attached file updated alongside updates to Expanded Woodworking and this falls under the same license as Expanded Woodworking.

Sorry mmance for the delay in response. Are Vegetable Garden Project's Xtra Trees still giving you mixed lumber?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Spaceman

UPDATE NOTICE:
Expanded Woodworking (& VGP)

• Compatibility for Combat Extended added
  • Fixed Tree definitions overwriting the changes to trees made by plant density mods, VGP fruit trees, and the vanilla tree definitions
  • Readded the other cultivated fruit trees since they were added back by Vegetable Garden
  • Switched to ModSync RW support
  • Russian localisation by lex1975 (GitHub User) included

Looking for further language localisations of the mods. Want to help? Make a pull request on GitHub with the new language folder and translated files within.

There is a pre-pre-release of the Rimworld 1.0 version on GitHub with instructions on how to use. Everything "should" work fine but do let me know if you run into any problems. I will probably release a pre-release of it after the B18 version is in a comfortable final state. The Rimworld B19 release is done.

Oh! One more thing: I'll get the update out for VGP in the next day or so and edit this post. Done!

Spaceman

UPDATE NOTICE:
Expanded Woodworking

• Bases and Orbital bulk goods trader may trade lumber/logs.
  • Further balancing of production tables.
  • Wooden foot, spike trap, and watermill generator can be made out of multiple types of wood.
  • Adjustments made in-line with weapon changes in B19.
  • Removed specific patches for other mods temporarily.

New save needed if updating from version B18 or earlier of Rimworld.

I am aware of the cocoa tree not producing its own wood and it will be fixed in the next update.

Sirsim

True self and happiness lies in the space between two thoughts.

Tenshi~Akari

Thanks for the update!

Unfortunately, it seems torch lamps are broken, at least on my end...?

Exception filling window for Verse.ImmediateWindow: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Widgets.ThingIcon (Rect rect, Verse.ThingDef thingDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Designator_Build.DrawPanelReadout (System.Single& curY, Single width) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ArchitectCategoryTab+<DoInfoBox>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ImmediateWindow.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at Verse.Widgets.ThingIcon (UnityEngine.Rect,Verse.ThingDef) <0x0000c>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Designator_Build.DrawMouseAttachments_Patch0 (object) <0x0031e>
at Verse.DesignatorManager.DesignationManagerOnGUI () <0x0005d>
at RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceOnGUI_BeforeMainTabs () <0x0014b>
at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x0009c>
at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x00112>

Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

This happened on a new game I started. UI bugs out if I mouse over the vanilla torch icon & throws up the error log...

Spaceman

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on September 15, 2018, 05:10:40 PM
Thanks for the update!
[Error codes]
This happened on a new game I started. UI bugs out if I mouse over the vanilla torch icon & throws up the error log...
I couldn't recreate this. Could you try again with the recent update and let me know?

Quote from: Sirsim on September 15, 2018, 02:31:37 PM
Any news from VG support of the B19 version?
Yes, below!

UPDATE NOTICE:

• Fixed Saguaro cacti and Drago trees not producing their respective wood types.
  • Updated assemblies.
  • Cocoa trees now produce their own wood type.
  • Officially re-added Nature's Pretty Sweet patch and actually removed Zen Garden and Combat Extended patch.

New save needed if updating from version B18 or earlier of Rimworld.

onerous1

Is mixed lumber required to make most items? I can't make doors or passive coolers out of logs and items from other mods require mixed lumber instead of logs.

Tenshi~Akari

Quote from: Spaceman on September 17, 2018, 12:06:41 AM
Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on September 15, 2018, 05:10:40 PM
Thanks for the update!
[Error codes]
I couldn't recreate this. Could you try again with the recent update and let me know?

It's fixed now as of the update you did. Not sure why that was happening with the torch lamps, but now at least it's recognizing the icon and resources required instead of throwing errors.

It just seems like the stack limit for all the wood resources got jammed down to 5 when I enabled it again in my current save, but that's probably due to another mod this go around, as I see it's supposed to be 75.

Going to check my mod settings & restart to see what happens on that, but otherwise I haven't come across any new issues yet. Thanks again for the updates!  ;D

EDIT: Indeed, it was a stack mod I had in the interim. Disabled it and it calculated as normal. And just switched back up to Stack XXL since it's updated now, and that's accounting for the changes to stack sizes for that as expected. All is well. :)

Amnesiac

Man these wood textures alone make me want this mod, thanks for keeping it updated! :)

Edit: I can't seem to find the new way to make floors, the option to choose a different type of wood besides just "wood floor" doesn't pop up, and I made sure I had Oak lumber :(

Also, as a side note, mixed lumbar traps should be a thing I think :)

akho

I'm having the same issue, I don't have access to floors. And that right after I conducted an operation to prepare flooring the entire compound :D

Amnesiac

Quote from: akho on September 20, 2018, 07:26:07 PM
I'm having the same issue, I don't have access to floors. And that right after I conducted an operation to prepare flooring the entire compound :D

want to post your modlist? maybe I can find a similarity and see if its a mod conflict causing the floors to not show up in the menus.

Amnesiac

Quote from: Ranisimo on December 27, 2017, 11:11:43 AM
This may be a stupid question, but how do you construct the different wood flooring? I can't seem to find the different floors anywhere?

This mod works seamlessly with Fluffy's Stuffed Floors mod. In order to have the floors currently, use it as well.

Ok.. this should 100% be in the original post that it requires another mod to work.

Apparently you can't build any of the new floors without Fluffy's Stuffed Floors mod? https://github.com/FluffierThanThou/StuffedFloors/releases/tag/v0.9.37

Spaceman

Quote from: onerous1 on September 19, 2018, 02:52:48 AM
Is mixed lumber required to make most items? I can't make doors or passive coolers out of logs and items from other mods require mixed lumber instead of logs.
In the very very beginning, yes (unless you have spawned in with a different wood type), but otherwise the corresponding logs/lumber need to be in a stockpile for them to be recognized by the game and able to make stuff with the other types of wood. Also, the crafting spot allows you to make mixed lumber until you make a woodworking table. Both woodworking tables can make any type of wood.

Quote from: Amnesiac on September 20, 2018, 10:24:18 PM
Ok.. this should 100% be in the original post that it requires another mod to work.

Apparently you can't build any of the new floors without Fluffy's Stuffed Floors mod? https://github.com/FluffierThanThou/StuffedFloors/releases/tag/v0.9.37
It is and has been mentioned right below the download buttons:

QuoteI recommend Fluffy's Stuffed Floors in addition for the awesome and fancy flooring you'll be able to make with Expanded Woodworking!

but I guess I need to make it more eye-catching as well.  ;)

Anyways...

UPDATE NOTICE:
Expanded Woodworking

• Fixed my own oversight of patches not working as a result of using the version of Rimworld (in this case B18) in the name of mods.

It's a small update, but it fixes using Vegetable Garden Project logs as fuel as well as few other minor patches.

Spaceman

UPDATE NOTICE:

• Rimworld 1.0 release version update to mod and assembly versions.
  • Updated readme to contain helpful information on bare starting scenarios.
  • Added separate license file.
  • Added support for Fluffy's Mod Manager.
  • Removed Rimworld alpha/beta version in the mod name.
  • Removed specific patch for Nature's Pretty Sweet temporarily.

Works in B19 of Rimworld, so you can update mods without worry. The previous version of mod works in 1.0 as well. New save game is not required.

EchoOff

Quote from: Spaceman on October 18, 2018, 03:48:30 AM
UPDATE NOTICE:

• Rimworld 1.0 release version update to mod and assembly versions.
  • Updated readme to contain helpful information on bare starting scenarios.
  • Added separate license file.
  • Added support for Fluffy's Mod Manager.
  • Removed Rimworld alpha/beta version in the mod name.
  • Removed specific patch for Nature's Pretty Sweet temporarily.

Works in B19 of Rimworld, so you can update mods without worry. The previous version of mod works in 1.0 as well. New save game is not required.

Nature's Pretty Sweet has been updated to 1.0 now.

Any chance we could see the return of the compatibility patch with this mod soonish? They're both great mods and I hate to have to choose which one I want to use.