[1.2] Expanded Woodworking (Revived) (2020-11-28)

Started by Spaceman, December 15, 2017, 04:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Cairbear on February 03, 2019, 01:22:57 PM
Personally the bones were a big, big resource used for building in my bases, and i dont really like the look of the bone walls so i used the standard ones. I'd really prefer either Bone Lumber or the bones being usable in the standard walls again, 'cause now they're just sitting in my stockpile with not much else to do with them

You can refine them and use them in building again. So if you make bonecrete or bone ash or the calcium polymer

dosboy69

Thanks for this mod!  Wondering how does one first make "mixed lumber"? 

I am playing "Naked brutality" with CE and need to craft some arrows asap.  The only two types of trees I have on the map only give a certain type of lumber I can't use.  The only woodworking bench I see needs mixed lumber to create???

What am I missing?  Would like to give this mod a try.  Also, could you please tell me the mod order I need.  I am using the garden mod you speak of.

Thank you.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: dosboy69 on February 13, 2019, 03:40:10 PM

Thanks for this mod!  Wondering how does one first make "mixed lumber"? 

I am playing "Naked brutality" with CE and need to craft some arrows asap.  The only two types of trees I have on the map only give a certain type of lumber I can't use.  The only woodworking bench I see needs mixed lumber to create???

What am I missing?  Would like to give this mod a try.  Also, could you please tell me the mod order I need.  I am using the garden mod you speak of.

Thank you.

Use a crafting spot to turn logs into lumber at first.

Shigemi

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on February 13, 2019, 12:27:58 AM
Quote from: Cairbear on February 03, 2019, 01:22:57 PM
Personally the bones were a big, big resource used for building in my bases, and i dont really like the look of the bone walls so i used the standard ones. I'd really prefer either Bone Lumber or the bones being usable in the standard walls again, 'cause now they're just sitting in my stockpile with not much else to do with them
You can refine them and use them in building again. So if you make bonecrete or bone ash or the calcium polymer
Yes, you can, but that is locked behind a lot of expensive research that is unavailable to tribal colonists, who are largely who are going to be using the bones for building. I am also hugely against this change.

This does not look like bonecrete to me

Bones are made essentially useless for tribals if they are locked behind ten game years worth of research. And who else is going to be wanting to build with bones logistically?

Cairbear

Exactly, the utility of bones being usable straight away was one of the most attracting things about that mod, and for that purpose to be invalidated by another mod is very frustrating. I'm currently not using the mod, and probably wont be unless this ends up being fixed. If there was an option in the mod settings or something it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

temple_wing

Please auto-disable fruit tree logs if it is harvested by wild man.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: Shigemi on February 23, 2019, 12:10:57 AM
Bones are made essentially useless for tribals if they are locked behind ten game years worth of research. And who else is going to be wanting to build with bones logistically?
Quote from: Cairbear on February 26, 2019, 05:55:51 PM
Exactly, the utility of bones being usable straight away was one of the most attracting things about that mod, and for that purpose to be invalidated by another mod is very frustrating. I'm currently not using the mod, and probably wont be unless this ends up being fixed. If there was an option in the mod settings or something it would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

One of the main reasons the patch was made to begin with, was due to bones being incapable of use in tribal weapon recipes. So now you can use bones in weapon recipes, and build out of bones (bone walls can be built directly, more intricate items will need refining). This is due to the change in how wood is used with Expanded Woodworking. Basically anything that requires wood logs to make, cannot use bones, without being patched. Without the patch you will be able to build your walls and other items out of bone again, but you will not be able to use them in recipes for tribal weapons (as they will require the category of "rawwoody").

If you hate the patch so much you can edit it out yourself.

ExpandedWoodworking/Patches/UniMisc.xml

Scroll to the bottom and delete:
  <!-- Rim of Madness - Bones -->
  <!--Items-->
  <Operation Class="PatchOperationSequence">
    <success>Always</success>
    <operations>
      <li Class="ExpandedWoodworking.PatchOperationModCompat">
        <modName>Rim of Madness - Bones</modName>
      </li>
      <li Class="PatchOperationReplace">
        <xpath>Defs/ThingDef[defName="BoneItem"]/stuffProps/categories</xpath>
        <value>
        <categories>
          <li>RawWoody</li>
        </categories>
        </value>
      </li>
      </operations>
</Operation>

Canute

Spaceman,
do you know Colony Manager from Fluffy ?
The problem is the manager count the lumber and not the logs when he is managing the forestry.
Could you maybe made a Modcheck for Colony Manager and patch it so the count logs ?

kaptain_kavern

Hi Canute,

The last time I played I'm pretty sure I managed to "tell" Colony Manager to count logs through the interface. But I'm not sure if it was from Colony Manager or from another mod I had (but I doubt that).

Canute

Currently not.
I tried to move Colony manager before/after Woodworking, but there is allways counted the mixed lumber only (the wood log replacement) at the manger overview.
The patching need maybe complexer so all kind of log's need to recognized.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on April 06, 2019, 05:49:49 PM
The last time I played I'm pretty sure I managed to "tell" Colony Manager to count logs through the interface.
Quote from: Canute on April 07, 2019, 02:43:59 AM
Currently not.

kaptain_kavern is correct. You can change the settings if you click the "cog" icon next to the storage limits.

https://imgur.com/0Eu6H7q

kaptain_kavern

Canute

Canute

kaptain_kavern update the Tropical forest mod
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33296.0
some new tree's need to be patched.

Edit:
What do you think about some firewood as fuel source only ?
You can made them out of logs or lumber (just to counter the mixed lumber from mod's with new tree's.)

Ruisuki

Looks very cool. Im assuming this is meant for a more survival realism run, and for aesthetic preferences? Given the increased labor costs I assume its meant for immersion...unless the different types of lumber each provide different stats, and benefits over one another?