Can anybody explain me how queuing orders work?

Started by jchavezriva, December 15, 2017, 01:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jchavezriva

I cant find any explanation on how to use that feature anywhere on the internet.

orty

Basically, shift-click.

With a pawn selected, hold shift and right-click the task destination (chunk to haul, bench to work, etc.) and select the option to perform that task.  This will not interrupt the current task, and the pawn's info panel will show "Queued task: xxxx," confirming the queueing.

Alternately, you can right-click to open the menu before pressing shift, but as long as you hold shift while clicking the task, the task will be queued.

This applies for both drafted and undrafted pawns.

I don't think there's a limit to the number of queued tasks, but if there is, it's quite high and I've never encountered it.

orty

No prob.

One thing I'm not aware of is whether there is a function for deleting the most recently queued task.  Undo, essentially. 

For instance, when you just queued up several tasks for your construction guy and then mistakenly queued him to move across the map with one misclick.  Afaik, the only way to correct that is to cancel all tasks, including the erroneous one and the current one and all in between, by assigning a new task (which can be the current task in the current spot) and then queueing the whole lot again. 

Canute

I don't think you can correct or modify the queue.
But that would be a good idea for a mod or suggestion.