[1.3] [KV] Infinite Storage [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, December 16, 2017, 07:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JinxVanAshke

It is no worries mate. Once I started reading what he was doing myself, I was thinking it would be unlikely. I really appreciate you trying and if you have not heard often enough--An honest to goodness thank you for all the mods you make, I am pretty sure I have everyone you make downloaded and in use and enjoy my game more because of it.

Canute

Don't forget fluffy's mod is pretty old, and just got updated that it worked.
Maybe ask Fluffy about this, maybe he agree to rewrite the code to follow the game paths for more compactibilty ?

Heymom

Been playing around with the mod, and i like it a lot so far :)

I wonder why stored stuff gets spit back out sometimes? Is it because my net cant provide the power needed, and therefore uses the "setting" fail safe value and spits out items accordingly ?

RyanRim

If I put the storage box to a freezer, will the harvests in it stay frozen? Haven't got time to try.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Canute

Since you can't store corpse or food related things on these storage.
Or did you mean some of these organharvest item they are rottable from another mod ?

Canute

Kiame,
you did alot of work to the infi. storage self.
But now i notice, my crafter couldn't made bill at the mashine table because of missing cloth.
All cloth is stored in the textile storage (the one from this mod, not the from the seperated mod).
Did you miss the improvements to that storage ?

Heymom

Anyone using "Auto Sell" mod with this one? not sure if its the IniStorage mod that is the culprit, but i cant seem to get the autosell mod to work.
I can make a shopping list as usual, and setup the comms etc. but nothing is being sold/bought.
I have tried;
- to recycle the shopping list
- update the shopping list
- deconstruct/rebuild the print station
- deleted/created the orders on the list
- enabled/disabled AI selling
- pawn x as manual seller
- build the trade post log (other version of the trade printer)
- ticked the "merge with x" icon on the shopping list itself.

nothing has worked. I have the AI Manager build, so the AI selling should work. I have done this in all my games, and never had this issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Kiame

Quote from: Heymom on December 29, 2017, 03:50:18 AM
Been playing around with the mod, and i like it a lot so far :)

I wonder why stored stuff gets spit back out sometimes? Is it because my net cant provide the power needed, and therefore uses the "setting" fail safe value and spits out items accordingly ?

I've tried to address the spitting out of random things to a minimum. I think there's a path still that i have not found which is causing an issue. The auto-collect will hopefully address this problem by an large indirectly.

The root of the problem is the game assumes all resources are always on the map. This mod removed stored items from the map and needs to spawn them prior to being needed and hopefully only when a pawn will 'restrict' the newly placed item (meaning the pawn is going to use that item as soon as it pops out).

As I've found over the last few weeks it's in no way a trivial matter and it'll probably never be perfect. My goal is to cover a good portion so there's very little micro management of the storage itself

Kiame

Quote from: Canute on December 29, 2017, 05:39:50 AM
Since you can't store corpse or food related things on these storage.
Or did you mean some of these organharvest item they are rottable from another mod ?

I think i've prevented storage of anything that can rot. In either case there is no way to 'cool' things that are stored

Kiame

Quote from: Canute on December 29, 2017, 11:23:18 AM
Kiame,
you did alot of work to the infi. storage self.
But now i notice, my crafter couldn't made bill at the mashine table because of missing cloth.
All cloth is stored in the textile storage (the one from this mod, not the from the seperated mod).
Did you miss the improvements to that storage ?

On the code side there's no difference between Body Part, Textile, or Inf Storage. They all use the same code. The only difference is how they're defined in the xml.
I'll take a look and make sure my last change didn't break something.

Basically how the code works for bills and ingredients is: Vanilla code runs and returns ingredients that were found that match the receipt/bill. I then go through every storage (textile/body part/inf) and compile all matching resources. At the end, if enough resources to meet the bill's needs are found, the needed resources are spit out of whatever storage that item was stored in -- bill radius is taken into account now too.

Canute

QuoteOn the code side there's no difference between Body Part, Textile, or Inf Storage. They all use the same code. The only difference is how they're defined in the xml.
I'll take a look and make sure my last change didn't break something.
Ok, but the bills from the mashine table works when the textiles are at the infi. storage.

Another thing,
communication option like Offer gift, or call caravan don't work with silver inside the storage.

Kiame

oh didnt think about that path with the silver!

Kiame

I just tried this case with machine table:
Bill Requires: 100 plasteel, 10 components, 400 cloth/leather

Texture Storage - 400 cloth
Inf Storage - 1000 plasteel, 110 components

Both storages spawned the required amount of resources.

Just to verify in your case Canute, is the textile storage within the work radius of the machine table?

Kiame

Update:
-Stored silver can now be used to request caravans and as gifts
Note: The silver will drop out of storage once the window opens. The dropped silver must be within a beacon's range to be counted.

Cloud1253

Hello found bug i think when i have any colonist or anyone who needs operation and am using infinite storage or that body storage it always says that i dont have any medicine for surgery even tho i have medicines