[1.3] [KV] Infinite Storage [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, December 16, 2017, 07:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Positive feedback ! :-)
Bills geting needed material now.
Operation bill selection opens instantly now (previously it was sometimes a hugh delay, but i though that was based on RimMagic).

Kiame

I've made a slight adjustment to the medical options. The base game's logic will cause a slowdown as the number of body parts available increases.

Tutankhamun

Still the bill bug. This time with clothes. I'm using Holy Washer and Mending for B18. I have to drop the clothes in the container for colonists to wash and mend them.

It seems the problem with medicine has been fixed.

Canute

At last the salvage bill from VG works well.
But can't say anything about mending since i only store 100% items at the storage, while 0-99% got a stockpile next to the mending bench.

Kiame

Quote from: Tutankhamun on January 05, 2018, 03:47:07 AM
Still the bill bug. This time with clothes. I'm using Holy Washer and Mending for B18. I have to drop the clothes in the container for colonists to wash and mend them.

It seems the problem with medicine has been fixed.

mending i know, and washer probably, do not use the vanilla code to find items. Due to this i probably will not support these as there is no clean way to do so. For more advanced apparel support i recommend using another of my mods Change Dresser and the additional patch-mod for mending

Kiame

Update:
-Added mod setting: Empty on Power Loss
-Fixed finding ammo stored in Infinite Storages
-Auto-collect timer will reset when items are dropped

Kiame

Update:
-Fixing an issue where mod settings were not being persisted
-Fixing an issue where a 0 energy factor was causing problems

Kiame

Update:
-Fixing an issue where removing an item could cause an exception to be thrown
-Removing Infinite Trough as that is still a WIP and was never meant to be released

Severik

hi,

im getting some strange bug here.

i loaded my Savegame (nothing changed since last save, no new mods, none deletet, non actualised) and my infinite Storages were acting strange.

they acted as if they were stuck in the "empty" mode. Pawns were trying to insert items and they just landed next to the storage. i tryig the "collect" button but nothing happened. i already checked the logs and there are no errors (at least not concerning this mod) and if i remove the mod completely. load the Savegame, save it, reload the mod, load the game and build an infinite Storage, its still the same Problem. i dont have this Problöem in other Saves and new games.

Kiame

Sounds like there's a lack of power. If the power buffer has been reached pawns will place items next to the storage and the storage will not load any more. The is set'able in the mod's options

Severik

hah! you were right. i was so stupid to not check my Power Consumption. i was living off Saved energy in Batteries....gonna have to built some Powersources fast. thank you

Canute

I suggest not to store chunk/slag there, they weight alot and need much power to be stored. :-)

Harry_Dicks

Dumb question: OP says mod supports EPOE, so this means that RBSE could work as well? Does anyone know if it fully does? What about any other "parts" added in from other health/surgery mods? Tibias, fibulas, clavicles, fingers and toes, all of those are supported by the medical storage?

Also, I had no clue that Textile Storage would spit out the required ingredients for a crafter. When you want to make a bill at a crafting table, are the bills able to recognize that you have the ingredients in your stockpile, but they are also instead in a storage unit? And if so, does it still work with Improved Workbenches?

Kiame

I do play with Better Workbench Management and it works fine. I know some have issues with materials not getting spit out correctly. I have not tracked down all the mods that might be conflicting and I'll say with some confidence that that'd be an impossible task for a single person :P

The reason I ended up moving the three storages into a single mod was there was a bunch of shared code and this way, under the hood, all storages have the same code. I did leave Change Dresser and Weapon Storage out of the loop due to their special roles outside of just storage though I have ported most of the functionality added with this mod to those.

As for RBSE, any mod that adds items will have basic support (be able to store the items). The same is true for receipts. This mod will also check all 3 storage types for all the ingredients so if cloth and a body part are needed and the materials are found in both a textile storage and body part storage those will both be used (this does not include Change Dresser or Weapon Storage as the complexity to support external mods for this specific case would be too time-consuming for a hobby  ;) ). In my testing with ~60 mods it works. I know others have had problems and, again, there are probably many mods that will prevent material-items from being dropped as needed.

It's a balance between this mod re-writing too much original code (thus making it much less compatible with other mods) vs being as light-weight as possible insuring it will work with as many other mods as possible, i chose the later. The end result is I can't guarantee this will work all the time, but hopefully it's close enough for most.

Give crafting with these storages a shot. If it's not fully working it's probably best to go base-game stockpiles.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kiame on February 28, 2018, 03:09:03 AM
I do play with Better Workbench Management and it works fine. I know some have issues with materials not getting spit out correctly. I have not tracked down all the mods that might be conflicting and I'll say with some confidence that that'd be an impossible task for a single person :P
If I can ever actually get around to playing the game past just small test runs, then I'll be more than happy to report any individual issues I find :)

As for RBSE, any mod that adds items will have basic support (be able to store the items). The same is true for receipts. This mod will also check all 3 storage types for all the ingredients so if cloth and a body part are needed and the materials are found in both a textile storage and body part storage those will both be used (this does not include Change Dresser or Weapon Storage as the complexity to support external mods for this specific case would be too time-consuming for a hobby  ;) ). In my testing with ~60 mods it works. I know others have had problems and, again, there are probably many mods that will prevent material-items from being dropped as needed.

It's a balance between this mod re-writing too much original code (thus making it much less compatible with other mods) vs being as light-weight as possible insuring it will work with as many other mods as possible, i chose the later. The end result is I can't guarantee this will work all the time, but hopefully it's close enough for most.
I think the latter is the better option as well! :)

Give crafting with these storages a shot. If it's not fully working it's probably best to go base-game stockpiles.
BASE-GAME STOCKPILES?! I already had a slight headache from not being able to sleep but now I've got to go and take some medicine. :-[

Kiame I am also curious, you said you are taking a break from modding for a bit. Do you have any other projects that you could reveal any hints about, for stuff you have yet to release/plan on releasing in the future?