[1.3] [KV] Infinite Storage [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, December 16, 2017, 07:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heymom

Just tried your mod. Since i have a ton of stuff, and having huge areas just for storage, seems like a pointless concept for me at this point.

But i ran into some issues. Most importantly that i cant see what is actually stored in the containers? Clicking the filter icon, brings up a empty frame with a input field in it. Typing anything and hitting return, only does a "new line" and nothing happens.

Is this a known issue?

Edit; did some further testing, it seems to be the "Artificial AI core" 's i had that are causing the issue. They dont show up in the list at all, and searching for them returns "nothing".

edit2; seems poison ships are now indestructible o.O I cant damage them at all.

Canute

QuoteBut i ran into some issues. Most importantly that i cant see what is actually stored in the containers? Clicking the filter icon, brings up a empty frame with a input field in it. Typing anything and hitting return, only does a "new line" and nothing happens.

Is this a known issue?

Edit; did some further testing, it seems to be the "Artificial AI core" 's i had that are causing the issue. They dont show up in the list at all, and searching for them returns "nothing".
No thats not the common way it works.
Could you please tell us from which mod are the "Artificial AI core" ?
The Vanilla game only got "AI personal core".

Kiame,
some issues with the latest version.
- Since we spoke about the "AI personal core", this item don't get shown at the Storage view. And no search result when i enter AI
- like Heymom mention, pressing "Enter" at the search field give a new line, maybe disable Enter at this input field.
- Search result not allway 100% accurate
I see 3 bolt action rifle in the storage, when i search for rifle or bolt it only show 2 of them. Same for armor vest.

Kiame

Let me take a look.

As for indestructible poison ships, it's not this mod. I had two land basically on my base last night and both were destroyable as expected.

Edit: How interesting. AI Personality cores do not show up in the view. They can be retrieved via Empty though... i'll report back when i'm done digging into this

Kiame

Update:
-Better search capabilities from the View dialog (fixed input issues too)
-Added Tabs to the View dialog

Heymom

Cant test the changes. Using the master from github. Research and building works fine. But after completion of the build. The storage container vanishes.

If i download the release branch. No changes have been made.

Kiame

Heymom

I downloaded the version on github and used that to see and everything appears to be up to date with that version and i can build it w/o a problem (doesnt disappear once it's built)

JinxVanAshke

So I am having a few issues with this mod and by extension the textiles storage. It is not recognizing wood or stones to build floors. That is when I go to designate a floor to be built it says I have none available. Could it be load order? I have things like extended woodworking, cupro's stones along with architect sense and more floors...well those and like 150 others. It is not even universal across all items. It will pull cupro metals and vanilla metals just fine but nothing from extended woodworking. Do you need my log to help me with this one or maybe should I put this mod before all of those? I don't get any red errors thrown at me at all.

Kiame

What exactly is the problem?
Is it when clicking the button to build a floor type that options are not available?
Is it once the flooring has been placed and you right click to tell a pawn to start building that it says no materials found?
Is it once the flooring is down no materials are spawning from the infinite storage?

Just tested w/ Expanded Woodworking and I was able to lay floors just fine. I did notice the icon was red (meaning i didnt have any but i knew i did) which i can look into. I ignored that and was able to lay the flooring and the pawns quickly completed laying the new floors.

Heymom

Quote from: Kiame on December 26, 2017, 11:14:24 PM
Heymom

I downloaded the version on github and used that to see and everything appears to be up to date with that version and i can build it w/o a problem (doesnt disappear once it's built)
Which version did you use, the one under release or the master ?

I might have broken my game, not sure..

Edit; Clean install of the game. Check the screen shot for specific errors.

https://imgur.com/a/kY0Sw

Canute

Heymom,
at last the Master from github you CAN'T use a mod, it don't contain the assembies only the source. You would need to compile the source self to get the assemblies (.dll).

Under releases you find the latest release of the mod.
And your screenshot show that you got other problems too, or these other red errors only appeared after you installed Inf. storage ?

Heymom

Quote from: Canute on December 27, 2017, 03:29:33 AM
Heymom,
at last the Master from github you CAN'T use a mod, it don't contain the assembies only the source. You would need to compile the source self to get the assemblies (.dll).

nder releases you find the latest release of the mod.U
And your screenshot show that you got other problems too, or these other red errors only appeared after you installed Inf. storage ?
Didnt know about the .dll files. But he stated that he had just updated it, and if i look under release, last "edit" was 10 days ago, so i assume that those updates/fixes aint included in the release.
Its a fresh install of the game. So i aint sure what other "problems" there is? Could be that data is stored else where .. i see that simplesidearms are making red warnings. But the mod wasnt included in the test, only the infinite storage mod. Strange...

Kiame

Use the link in the first page which says "Direct Download: B18" which goes directly to the zip file: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-infinitestorage/releases/download/B18/InfiniteStorage.zip

I update the releases directly. The date in github is the date when the release was made.

The errors you're getting are due to the fact that the master branch only has the code and nothing else so the game is looking for infinite storage but can't find it because it's not compiled. To the simple sidearms error, no clue.

Heymom

Quote from: Kiame on December 27, 2017, 04:10:28 AM
Use the link in the first page which says "Direct Download: B18" which goes directly to the zip file: https://github.com/KiameV/rimworld-infinitestorage/releases/download/B18/InfiniteStorage.zip

I update the releases directly. The date in github is the date when the release was made.

The errors you're getting are due to the fact that the master branch only has the code and nothing else so the game is looking for infinite storage but can't find it because it's not compiled. To the simple sidearms error, no clue.
Ty, ya got it working. I totally missed the non-compiled from the master branch :( sorry

Finally i can delete some of my storage areas :D

Canute

New storage tabs are nice so far.
But basicly i would see a tab for each main category (Resources,manufactured,item,weapon,apparel,chunks).
But i am aware that they wouldn't fit the "small" window.

Search is working, i found now all rifle/vest.
Enter isn't disabled but the new line get deleted, not perfect but it's working.
Maybe take a look at
https://github.com/DoctorVanGogh/StorageSearch/archive/experimental/a18.zip
how he solve the "Enter" problem.
Very positiv, you can search for material at apparel/weapons.

Funy thing, beer is a weapon because of it mellee damage, but wood isn't.

Kiame

Oh i didnt know about beer. I added a check to prevent wood from being put with the weapons

I'll take a look at that search, thanks

This is my first attempt at balancing the different categories. I was thinking get all the unstackable things out into their own categories. I think I'll also make it more dynamic so only categories that have items will display. If anyone has any other ideas at the different categories I am all ears -- 4 maybe 5 categories max unless someone has a better layout in mind... i could even consider having the tabs on the left stacked up/down with the contents on the right. The flow of the window would be off then. Maybe left side would have at the top the search then each main category under with the contents on the right.
Yeah i'm still figuring out how best to work this   :o