[1.3] [KV] Infinite Storage [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, December 16, 2017, 07:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanRim

Quote from: Kiame on December 29, 2017, 04:22:00 PM
Quote from: Canute on December 29, 2017, 05:39:50 AM
Since you can't store corpse or food related things on these storage.
Or did you mean some of these organharvest item they are rottable from another mod ?

I think i've prevented storage of anything that can rot. In either case there is no way to 'cool' things that are stored

I use smokeleaf mod and I use the infinite storage to pack away all my harvest, these leaves still rot though, over long period of time. But thanks for the information.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Canute

Quote from: Kiame on December 29, 2017, 04:55:05 PM
I just tried this case with machine table:
Bill Requires: 100 plasteel, 10 components, 400 cloth/leather

Texture Storage - 400 cloth
Inf Storage - 1000 plasteel, 110 components

Both storages spawned the required amount of resources.

Just to verify in your case Canute, is the textile storage within the work radius of the machine table?
Very curious, i tried to reproduce it myself again, and it works.
The only thing before, i didn't researched Inf. storage and didn't build one so far. Just the textile storage.
And i know for sure i needed to empty the textile storage that the crafting started, before i got the "need material" msg.
The search range is max.

Edit:
Ok, it has nothing to do with the textile storage.
I just got the similar problem, just with steel+componets at the mashine table.
"Need material" and when i empty the infi. storage i can start to craft it.

I just prepared an archiv with safegame + mods if you want take a look self.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oa4hdrr8uaidaho/Tailor%27s_Village_2.7z

Kiame

Quote from: Cloud1253 on December 29, 2017, 06:21:52 PM
Hello found bug i think when i have any colonist or anyone who needs operation and am using infinite storage or that body storage it always says that i dont have any medicine for surgery even tho i have medicines

which mod adds those options?

Heymom

Is it correct that i can only have 1 of each type on a given map? I tried to build 3 Body Part Storage units. But only 1 is being filled (which is full it seems) counting 4421 items.

Also seems that if you eject something and it auto collects it, the counter ticks up.
ex.
i had a count of 4421 items, i ejected 4000 herbs, and it collected it. New count is 8421.

Cloud1253

Quote from: Kiame on December 30, 2017, 11:59:32 AM
Quote from: Cloud1253 on December 29, 2017, 06:21:52 PM
Hello found bug i think when i have any colonist or anyone who needs operation and am using infinite storage or that body storage it always says that i dont have any medicine for surgery even tho i have medicines

which mod adds those options?

its in vanila Rimworld when you want to remove something from colonist or add to them or heal them it says you dont have herbal medicine  materials but when i press on empty infinite storage and that body parts it will allow to use the medicines

Kiame

I finally got some time to get a game going to test this out from the beginning - tribal start

I've found that there is still a problem with the bill logic. I've totally re-written the code again (3rd time charm?) and it fixed the problem I had run into in my play through. I am going to continue playing and make sure it works in other cases as well.

The case i ran into was:
-Textile Storage w/ cloth
-Steel on ground

Unlike my previous testing the steel was not being carried over to when I was checking the textile storage so it was saying i was missing materials. I'm not sure why the code was behaving differently than when i tested it originally - maybe since i'm using 50+ other mods there's a collision i had not accounted for before.

Anyway if this new revision seems to be working I'll upload it probably tomorrow.

Tutankhamun

Two bugs with B18:

#1: If i place items on the infinite container, colonists will not use them to craft stuff (i have the android mod and they never go to the container to pick steel and components to build droids. I have to drop them from the container for them to come and pick it up)

#2: If i drop something from the container, after a few seconds the items go back to the container without any input. This is frustrating when i try to drop a weapon for a colonist to use.

Canute

Quote from: Kiame on December 30, 2017, 07:10:21 PM
Unlike my previous testing the steel was not being carried over to when I was checking the textile storage so it was saying i was missing materials. I'm not sure why the code was behaving differently than when i tested it originally - maybe since i'm using 50+ other mods there's a collision i had not accounted for before.

Anyway if this new revision seems to be working I'll upload it probably tomorrow.
Do you think mod's like Better Workbench Management might interfere with it ? Maybe because of the load order ?

And try it out self since i can't verify it, its just a feeling.
When i delete the bill and recreate it, it might work. But a loadsafegame might change it too.

Kiame

Quote from: Tutankhamun on December 31, 2017, 03:44:58 AM
Two bugs with B18:

#1: If i place items on the infinite container, colonists will not use them to craft stuff (i have the android mod and they never go to the container to pick steel and components to build droids. I have to drop them from the container for them to come and pick it up)

#2: If i drop something from the container, after a few seconds the items go back to the container without any input. This is frustrating when i try to drop a weapon for a colonist to use.

Item 2 is auto-collect. There are settings for this in Mod Settings

Item 1 what mods are involved? What items are not getting removed and what receipts are not having items pulled out?

Kiame

Quote from: Canute on December 31, 2017, 04:42:32 AM
Quote from: Kiame on December 30, 2017, 07:10:21 PM

Do you think mod's like Better Workbench Management might interfere with it ? Maybe because of the load order ?

And try it out self since i can't verify it, its just a feeling.
When i delete the bill and recreate it, it might work. But a loadsafegame might change it too.

I did try changing load order - it was at the top and i moved inf storage to the bottom. I am using BWM and tbh I consider BWM a must have to i will make this work with that if that's the cause.

My re-re-write of my bill logic did not work out but i discovered something that would resolve this issue and i could just plug it into my re-write logic. In short I've added some code to my previously working code  :)   Doing more testing today just to be sure

Tutankhamun

Quote from: Kiame on December 31, 2017, 04:28:22 PM
#1: Item 2 is auto-collect. There are settings for this in Mod Settings

#2: Item 1 what mods are involved? What items are not getting removed and what receipts are not having items pulled out?
#1: Sorry i didn't see this
#2: Mod is Androids B18. Materials are steel, plasteel and components.

Canute

Tutankhamun,
about the items to craft stuff. Maybe you followed the last post a bit and you notice that isn't working allways.
But Kiame is allready working on it.
The current solution, drop all item from the storage before, order your pawn to craft. The storage will pickup the not needed stuff after a few secs.

Kiame

Just to let people know I have the bills working well with the other mods I use. There's a lingering problem where an error will sometime pop up when pawns are getting materials which I'm trying to track down. Hope to have the next version out in the next day or two.

Kiame

Update:
-Removing materials for bills should now be much more seamless with other mods
-Fixed an issue where Reset on a trade window would cause stored items to no longer be shown

Haul+ seems to throw an error every so often when a pawn is getting ready to craft. These errors can be ignored. (Not sure if this is new or not, i had not been testing Inf Storage with all the other mods I use before this)

Hold off on updating. Looks like med bills are not working correctly

Kiame

We're good to go now  ;D

Update:
-Removing materials for bills should now be much more seamless with other mods
-Fixed an issue where Reset on a trade window would cause stored items to no longer be shown
-Fixed an issue with Med Options not finding medicine in storage

Haul+ seems to throw an error every so often when a pawn is getting ready to craft. These errors can be ignored. (Not sure if this is new or not, i had not been testing Inf Storage with all the other mods I use before this)