[1.3] [KV] Infinite Storage [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, December 16, 2017, 07:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

When you updated did you delete the InfiniteStorage folder or just paste over it? If the latter that may be the problem. With the changes i got rid of a file in the assemblies folder. That file may still exist. Delete the InfiniteStorage folder from the Mods directory then unzip the new version into the mods folder.

Also the log file you linked is from when Infinite Storage was not included in your mod list so that doesnt help.

Heymom

Quote from: Kiame on December 11, 2018, 12:01:59 PM
When you updated did you delete the InfiniteStorage folder or just paste over it? If the latter that may be the problem. With the changes i got rid of a file in the assemblies folder. That file may still exist. Delete the InfiniteStorage folder from the Mods directory then unzip the new version into the mods folder.

This! tyvm :D its always the simple solution haha

Vyatich

I did a complete re-install of the game and mods. Now it works correctly.

Kiame

Sorry for the trouble!
Adding text before the direct download link and on github saying to delete the old infiinte storage folder before installing the new one

Spoiled with steam's ease of use  :-\

Canute

Does steam delete the old no longer used file for mods ??
Because people got many trouble after they update Rimworld from older version to 1.0 because of old remaining files.

Canute

Quote from: Heymom on December 11, 2018, 10:12:50 AM
Quote from: Canute on December 11, 2018, 09:02:27 AM
- Harmony: (no assemblies)
is this the harmony libary ? Then you don't need this, you can delete it.
But when it is a mod i don't know, then it is wrong installed because the log show :
"Mod Harmony has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'."

For the storage thing Kiame need to look.
But i would delete the complete mod folder and unzip it again, just to be sure you don't have old files there.
It was working fine before the last update.. no clue why. The harmony error have been there since i re-joined on the 1.0 release. I doubt its the culprit.
Maybe when i get some time, ill do a re-install of all the mods. Just dont have time now, and i cant play my save.. so i am doing other things :D
Like i wrote before, just delete the mod folder, you don't need it.
Any mod that need harmony got the 0harmony.dll at their Assemblies folder.

qinlongfei

I too am having the same problem Vyatich experienced. Infinite Storage randomly stops working, and instead of storing the item inside the storage, it would randomly lay everything on the interactive spot.

Would it be possible to add a 'do not auto equip item stored inside' setting to the Change Dresser instead? I mainly use Infinite storage for clothing and weapons because they can't stack with mods like 'Stack XXL'. I could have used Change Dresser for that if my pawn doesn't keep on throwing every cloth and ruin my fashionrim playstyle.

Kiame

Just to verify you have enough energy to store everything?

For change dresser what exactly is going on? When pawns are drafted the are leaving their clothes on the ground? Most probable cause is there is no change dresser that will accept the clothing being dropped. Have at least one change dresser that accepts all apparel

qinlongfei

I used setting to basically change energy consumption to 0, so I still have around 850w left over in my current playthrough. But Infinite Storage randomly stop taking items inside and just leave everything on the interactive spot (click 'collect' doesn't take things in, the game thinks the things on the ground have been already collected in the storage when they are not). Although I don't know exactly what triggers this bug since most of the time even in my current playthrough the Infinite Storage works fine.

As for Change Dress... I don't know if it's mod conflict, or if I'm simply an idiot and isn't using it properly. But say for example, I have saved two outfit for pawn A and pawn B. A has a set of casual cloth with only skin layer, and the other is a battle outfit which is the casual clothing with additional armor where pawn B's casual and battle outfit is the same because I don't have other armor available. The mod then randomly duplicate the armor item not wore by pawn A in their casual outfit, and pawn B keeps throw them on over their casual outfit (I only allow them to wear the two customerized outfit, and not allow them to wear the 4 preset outfits came with the mod) unless I throw those items into another container such as the Infinite Storage or throw them on the ground and then disallow the armor.

Sorry if my description is too confusing.

P.S.

Sorry about the trouble, I think I figured out the problem I was having. It's because I set the 'Energy Buffer' setting on this mod to over 1000W, and I ends up having only 850W that's why the Infinite Storage stopped taking in items.

loganneely18

Whenever any of my colonists attempt to build anything like walls, coolers etc it says "Need Material". I need to empty the material from the storage to actually build the thing.
I do not have Architect Sense downloaded.

Kiame

Update:
Changed the Storage View for medicine and chunks. Body parts of the same type and chunks of the same type will now be combined into one row "<name> x<count>" instead of multiple lines of the same body part/chunk type.

Let me know if there's anything that's being combined wrong. If this is the case to not worry the items were not lost/changed, the changes are only on the display side. If you manually drop all the combined items they will be spit out in their original form.

Kiame

Update:
Did some analysis for the code dealing with drawing the operations and found what was slowing it down. Should be much faster when creating the operation options.

Kiame

Update:
Hopefully fixed a bug that was causing a majority of the error messages that were getting printed.

Catfishking666

Is their anyway to change it such as I was trying to change the meat storage form MeatRaw to RawFood I was just asking about this because I feel the mod need more work on it. It is a very good mod don't get me wrong I just like to add some tweaks and don't know how I am planing on reading this on the date of 6/23/2019    :'(

Grabarz

Strange things happens again :)

Infinite Storage does not collect wood ... i set to "accept all" got enough of power....
When cut down a tree and forcing my pawns to haul the wood i get message " there is no stockpile " or something like that
But when i build another Infinite Storage and trim resources list to just wood - it accepts...

Edit: Somehow i get rid of that problem - just started new colony :)