[1.3] [KV] Infinite Storage [ModSync RW]

Started by Kiame, December 16, 2017, 07:45:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funonline

Quote from: Kiame on August 16, 2021, 03:29:07 PM
There's one path through the code that incorrectly records when items get removed so it doesnt record anything getting removed (it could be that the add is incorrect though)

I have an idea of how to fix it generally but I'd like to at some point figure out what's causing that issue. I know the body part storage is where it happens the most so i think I don't have an operation patch working correctly.

I'll add the workaround to my list of things to look into - basically every 10 or so seconds i can have infinite storages recompute what's stored in it.

Awesome  :)
I hope you could find it, it´s really a runaway calculation there.
After the frist "Empty-Reset" it continued to grow with the power demands.
Going from 16 W to 39,4 W in 30 Minutes :

And after 1 hour to 49,3 W :

I did some additional tests :
It certainly seems that the 0.002 weight of Neutroamine seems the culprit.
Each item on it own in the storage, does nothing at all with power consumption (shows the correct values).
Usually you have more Neutro then Herbal Meds, so if the Herbals get added to the storage - then things start to go haywire.
Somehow the interact with each other in the calculation and it starts to get strange.
I will check this with something else (maybe wood) and let you know the outcome of that.

Some other Bug :

The Coin - Explosion  :o ;D

If you move a full storage unit (in my case it was silver with ~ 80k) all of the contained items drop to the ground.
So far nothing bad happen, you get one big pile of silver.
But it takes a really long time to haul these back to the new storage place.
At some point I´ve stopped playing and came back to it, with around 20k silver left on the ground.
Thing is, the game could not handle this big single pile on the ground with the reload.
So it destroyed multiple exterior walls in the way, just to put the single stockpile of 20k into multiple 500 coins piles ... without any warning at all.
If you rebuild a big storage in a different location, wait for your pawns to complete the haul - otherwise you will wait for the rebuild of your rooms   ;D

Feature Requests :

Get a limitation on how much is storable, per item :
Ex : You have limited power, but you still could store 5k Wood, but not the whole amount of 10k.

Why is there no storage option for packaged survival meals ?

Drop a certain amount of the storage manually :
Ex : Caravans ignore the storages completely - so it might be very nice to drop manually lets say 10k silver on the ground and not the whole storage itself.
The other option would be, to hook into the caravan building process and drop the right amount in time to get picked up.

Start the initial storage with all items cleared:
If you build a new storage, all items are activated.
Let´s say you are somehow busy fighting at some other place and your other 10 (non-violent) master haulers see this as the perfect opportunity to pick everything up as fast as they can with the Big Boss very busy elsewhere ...  ;) ;D
Yeah you see where this one goes - not a big deal and easy to fix on it´s own - but it would make a bit more sense to first sanction the items they are able put it in.

Again, big thanks for your work here - a few minor tweaks would make it perfect  :)

Kiame

For the stack issue, there's nothing i can really do there. I've added logic for any infinite storage to collect all stacks around it on saves to avoid this from happening. You point out the one case i can't prevent - an infiinite storage is moved and the stack it had created was not moved prior to a save.

Kiame

Update: 1.3.1.0
-Finally tracked down the issue causing pawns to continuously try to insert and item and have it spit back out
-Fixed an issue where medical supply count would grow without end

Kiame

Update:
Fixing an issue with butchering table throwing errors

laughingowl

Hmm not sure if you are still working on this, updating...

But is it intended or a conflict with another mod of mine,  that once in the infinite storage, it will not come out (for stockpile preference)

I.E.  I was hoping to do:
Infinite Storage box at say normal priority.
Then say a medchest with critical.

This will work as expected if/when  'new' items are made, and if room in medchest medicine will be dropped there....  if not off to the infinite storage.

Where it breaks for me,  is if medicine is used (from medchest).....  haulers will NOT move fresh medicine from the infinite storage to the medchest.