[B18] Designator Shapes

Started by merthsoft, December 18, 2017, 04:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merthsoft

merthsoft

I made another update to the floodfill to make it fill in under workbenches and stuff.

wwWraith

Two more shape ideas: an octagon and
Quote from: Entherestor on January 31, 2018, 02:47:18 PM
a box with the corners missing
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Ruisuki

Does this include the shape of the trade beacon? I always found it a pain to create a room specific to its dimensions.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on February 21, 2018, 07:24:29 PM
Does this include the shape of the trade beacon? I always found it a pain to create a room specific to its dimensions.

If it doesn't, you can try something like the Blueprints mod from Fluffy.

Ruisuki

OP would it be possible for you to include a second "Plan" Tool with a different color tint so future construction plans could be better differentiated between each other? Also if its within the scope of your mod, make it so that mining doesn't erase said uses of the "Plan" tool?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 07, 2018, 01:45:30 AM
OP would it be possible for you to include a second "Plan" Tool with a different color tint so future construction plans could be better differentiated between each other? Also if its within the scope of your mod, make it so that mining doesn't erase said uses of the "Plan" tool?
I'm not sure if it's even of any use to you, or if you haven't seen it, but there is the mod More Planning. I use it myself, and think it's great. I'm guessing that after you lay a designator shape, it is just the planning that it uses. If that's the case, then you could go in and replace it with the colored plans from More Planning after you've laid down your shape, however this is obviously more work than we'd like to do. :)

Ruisuki

Fatsack

Can you make one that just traces where you drag instead of having to click a bunch of 1x1s.  You know, instead of stretching a circle or square between where you click and release, it just selects the blocks over the path your mouse travels while holding it down? Like a paint brush?

Tenshi~Akari

Thanks for this, it definitely gives me more building options that I've always wanted to do but got tired of recreating by hand if I forgot to save via Fluffy's Blueprints mod.

One thing though: Am I the only one having issue with filled shapes not taking the shape of what figure they're supposed to be? The only filled shapes working right is rectangle... all others are nothing like their outline counterparts. For instance, this is a "filled circle" which draws nothing like its outline designation counterpart in my game for some reason.  :-[  (And yes, this is the most recent version, I just installed this mod a few days ago.)

Tenshi~Akari

I hate to double post, but I realized this just moments ago while playing, and thought it needed to be noted if you're getting notifications on this thread .

Is there not another way to implement the choosing of designator shapes? As it is now, this conflicts badly with Fluffy's Architect Sense, being as selecting anything snaps you instantly to the designator shape menu instead of allowing for choosing of sub-categories created by that mod (Tried reordering both mods in the load order, but didn't seem to change anything). I have a couple of mods that depend on Architect Sense to actually be able to work, so I'm guessing I might have to put this aside for now until that and the filled shape issue I ran across is fixed. Awesome and much-needed idea, though, I just can't really get the best of both worlds if it's actually conflicting with a mod I find more of a priority necessity as opposed to just a cool addition to the game.  :(