[B18] 9 Animal Ears (custom headwear for your colonists)

Started by Wraithling, December 19, 2017, 08:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraithling

Introduction
This is a set of animal-ears themed headwear for your colonists. All 9 types are designed to be viable alternatives to the vanilla cowboy hat; as such they provide poor combat protection.

Description
You may chose to craft any of the 9 available types at either tailoring bench. They are crafted from steel and fabric, thus the fabric type you choose will impact its defensive stats and/or its insulation. They provide protection to the overhead layer only, much like the vanilla cowboy hat, and will not spawn on NPCs. All have +14% social chat impact, in addition to the following minor stats:

Kitty Ears Band

• 4 Blunt Armor
  • 4 Sharp Armor
  • -5 Cold insulation

Fox Ears Band

• 2 Blunt Armor
  • 2 Sharp Armor
  • -7 Cold insulation
  • 7 Heat insulation

Puppy Ears Band

• 4 Blunt Armor
  • 4 Sharp Armor
  • 5 Heat insulation

Bunny Ears Band

• 2 Blunt Armor
  • 2 Sharp Armor
  • 12 Heat insulation

Antlers

• 2 Blunt Armor
  • 2 Sharp Armor
  • -12 Cold insulation

Ibex Horns

• 2 Blunt Armor
  • 2 Sharp Armor
  • -12 Cold insulation

Bat Wings Band

• 3 Blunt Armor
  • 3 Sharp Armor
  • -3 Cold insulation
  • 3 Heat insulation
  • +5% Mining Speed

Thrumbo Horn Band (Requires 1 Thrumbo Horn to craft)

• 8 Blunt Armor
  • 12 Sharp Armor

Bear Ears Band

• 5 Blunt Armor
  • 4 Sharp Armor
  • +5% Pain Shock Threshold

Download
Dropbox
Nexus

Feedback & suggestions are welcomed, have fun!  :)

Harry_Dicks

Screenshot previews, or maybe a link to the steam version with pics, would help sell your mod a lot!

Harry_Dicks

Sorry friend but the screenshots aren't working. "Please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting." is the pic that gets displayed.

Wraithling

Thanks man, you saved me again  ;D 

Image should now work (hopefully)!

Harry_Dicks

Those are some great display pics, really helps sell your mod, and I will definitely be giving it a try! I'm really looking forward to the ibex horns, batwings, thrumo horn, and antler headwear to combine with the Cults mod.

Quick question - can this headgear be worn with any other headgear? What actual parts of the head do they cover, just ears and head? If so, does that mean they could be combined with other headgear from other mods? I'm not even sure if you could combine say, a scarf and a hat, but I was just curious if you might know the answer. Thanks for the great work, a nice early holiday present.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year! (or whatever holiday you celebrate if you are some kinda barbaric heathen! :P )

Wraithling

Hi! Merry Christmas & happy new year to you too  :D

To your question, they currently work like vanilla headgear, meaning no multiple pieces of headgear (plus, I don't know how to do that   :P). They protect the overhead only, like vanilla cowboy hat and simple/advanced helmets. I'll add this info to my original post. Thanks for the feedback!