savegame folder

Started by Fleischtester, December 19, 2017, 01:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleischtester

Hello,

I have a problem, Rimworld is one of the programs that completes my C disk and I can not change it except to change the registry. Can not move the folder in "My Documents" (J:) or make it adjustable. Actually, no game and no program on C should write something. Windows itself excepted.

My C is 60 GB in size. I currently have only 0-1.7 GB of space. I have to budget something. C is already compressed. Window 7 grows without scale ... (Rimworld is not installed on C but on G)
Greetings

Deutsch ;)

ich habe ein Problem, Rimworld ist eines der Programme was meine C-Festplatte vollschreibt und ich kann es nicht ändern, außer die Registry zu ändern. Kann man den Ordner nicht in "Eigene Dateien" (J:) verlegen bzw. ihn einstellbar machen. Eigentlich soll kein Spiel und kein Programm auf C etwas schreiben. Windows selbst mal ausgenommen.

Mein C ist 60 GB groß. Ich habe momentan nur 0-1,7 GB Platz. Da muss ich etwas haushalten. C ist auch schon Komprimiert. Window 7 wächst aber ohne Maßstab... ( Rimworld ist nicht auf C sondern auf G installiert )

Grüße

-> Ich habe Google Übersetzer genutzt...Ich hoffe man kann es deuten.

RemingtonRyder

There is a -savedatafolder="some path here" command line option that you can use when making a shortcut to launch the game.

If you are playing the Steam version, make a shortcut to the Steam executable and add command line options like the following:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 294100 -savedatafolder="some save data path here"

Don't forget to change the shortcut icon and label so you know what you're launching.

This will make a user data folder for the game at the location you specify in the path. e.g. if you say you want your path to be in J:/RimWorld Saves/, after you launch the game with this shortcut there will be Config, Saves and Scenarios folders inside that folder.