"Harvest Growing Zone" Toggle

Started by Thirite, December 21, 2017, 02:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirite

Make a button that will toggle on/off the intent to actually harvest a growing zone similar to how there is a toggle to sow it or not. Often I'd rather just grow a hay-field and leave it (particularly in premanent summer maps) or prevent my colonists from harvesting produce until later.

BlackSmokeDMax

A toggle would be handy. Could also be a pain if you forget about it, lol!

For now easiest way to get that result is just delete the growing zone.

patoka

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on December 21, 2017, 03:07:19 PM
yeah but what if the zone isnt perfectly rectangular because you placed it on rich soil? that would be annoying to redo everytime :/
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

Snafu_RW

Don't see a problem meself: if you want the grow zone harvested immediately paint 'harvest plants' over the relevant zone, otherwise growers will wait until the plants are 100% mature before they're harvested (to gain max yield). Turn up 'cut plants' in appropriate pawns' work priorities to enable efficient cutting of immature plants/trees, once selected as above
Dom 8-)

patoka

yeah but sometimes you have just planted too much hops and something else just turned harvestable, maybe corn or rice. you want your guys to ignore the hops for now and get the food because you're low on rations.
or what constantly happened to me in year 6 save is that my stable where i constantly grow haygrass for my animals (that dont haul anything) under sun lamps sometimes just make my haygrass reserves overflow. no need to harvest that stuff at this point, just ignore the ripe haygrass and sow some new ones if the animals decide to eat the whole plant instead of the picked haygrass in the reserves right next to it.

it isnt the worst problem ever because i just turned off sowing and will now wait with sowing at least ubtil half my reserves are used up, but still. could have been a bit more efficient, because my pawns still come to harvest
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: patoka on December 21, 2017, 06:34:05 PM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on December 21, 2017, 03:07:19 PM
yeah but what if the zone isnt perfectly rectangular because you placed it on rich soil? that would be annoying to redo everytime :/

There are a a couple mods that make this slightly easier:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17094.0

or

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=784123492

But to be clear, I support your request for adding a switch!

Jibbles

+1  I would also like to see:

• Growing zone priority
  • New growing zones use my last selected plant, not revert back to potatoes.
  • Delete zone tool: This one might just be me... If I cut a square in half, then I expect it to only delete the spaces I select.  The result would be two separate zones. I don't expect half of my stockpile/growing zone to disappear.  I have hundreds of hours in this game and I still make this mistake quite often.