Mod profiles?

Started by Jan2607, December 22, 2017, 12:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan2607

Is there any feature/mod that allows you to create mod profiles?
I'm using many mods which are not all compatible, so I can't use them all together. When I want to start a new colony with new mods I have to deactivate the old ones and to activate the ones I want to play with.
Using profiles with assigned mods would make it much easier for me to switch between mods.

SpaceDorf

You could use modswitch or mod-e to load modlists fitting to your save game.
Those require a restart though.

You could use the launch parameter to create different local folders for your savegames and modlsts.. which would be similiar to profiles.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

GiantSpaceHamster

When loading a save game, RimWorld will now give you an option to restart with the correct mods enabled. This mostly removes the need for similar mods, but it does not provide saveable profiles like what you're looking for. However, it does provide an easy workaround.

Create a game with the mods you want enabled and save it under a name you will remember like "TEMPLATE - High Tech". Feel free to play that game out, but keep the template-named save copy around. When you want to use that template for a new game just load that game, use the game option to restart with the correct mods, then start your new game, effectively using a save game as your mod template.

Jan2607

Thank you to both of you :)
Will try, when I start my next colony with other mods.