Personal belongings

Started by Arkay_The_Arcane, December 23, 2017, 03:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkay_The_Arcane

Certain items will belong to certain paws. Paws will be given ownership either by the player, or by events, such as using a weapon for a certain period of time, or being gifted it by another pawn who owned it previously. Being given such a gift will add a mood bonus, and add a positive relationship to the gifter. Pawns that do not own the item will avoid using it. If an item is used by someone other than the owner, there will be a slight relationship loss between the two pawns.

A trait could also be added: Kleptomaniac. A kleptomaniac does not care wether or not the item is already owned by someone, and will still use it as they see fit.

patoka

lolsounds funny
but tedious

also, how am i supposed to do this with a 20+ pawn colony? seems like a sure fire way of ruining relationships and constantly get bad mood
:/
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

Thirite

I like the idea; I believe it's been suggested a number of times before. While I feel it would probably affect gameplay rather little it would be a pretty interesting layer of detail. Punishing the player for swapping weapon/apparel between pawns doesn't sound sensible, but if there were a system of small joy/luxury items-- books, beauty products, game handhelds, jewellery, musical instruments, etc. it could add a lot of colour to the game.

patoka

i like the lower part of your post. jewelery could easily be made from all kinds of materials and gold would be a more useful resource. if you want to use it to make art out of it is usually an overkill or your pawn stupidly wastes a bunch on an awful statue
sure, king size beds need it and so on and you can build walls and floors out of it(LAUGHING OUT LOUD) but it wasnt ever a really important resource to get my hands on until now
surely you dont need to rebutcher corpses that you already half butchered if you leave the table to smoke a joint real quick?

Limdood

Sorry guys, you can't leave the planet because Engie insists no one touch her uranium helmet.

This 83 silver BELONGS to  Comboa, we cant spend it!  guess we all starve...