Late-Game Defense

Started by HalfBrother, June 03, 2014, 01:14:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HalfBrother

This has probably been discusses before, but I think more advanced defenses should be added at some point. After the addition of mechanoids...I think more powerful weaponry would be a welcome addition.

There is the "improvised" turret. However it's the only automated defense system. I think there should be an integrated tech system that opens up more expensive and powerful turrets, something along the line of the Turrets Pack.

What do you guys think?

MioCid

I found this: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3758.msg37146#msg37146

though, with a good strategy with default turrets can be killed if you do not like using mods of course ...

(srry bad english :-[).

christhekiller

I understand where you're coming from, I've found myself wishing for better weapons and the like. But I quite like the fights with Mechanoids right now. Their range is more-or-less greater than the turrets (I know it is for one type of Mechanoids but I can't really remember with the others) and so you have to rely more on your colonists. And it's lead to more than a couple memorable fights, whereas before I'd just run over an advancing army.

Pulaskimask

I was thinking earlier that ditches could be added, they would slow down movement when going through them and would make units more vulnerable to being attacked. Perhaps in the late game you could add in draw bridges which allow colonists to cross ditches, but can be risen when under attack to prevent enemies from using. At this stage in the game though I think any improvements to defense would make it to easy to turtle as the enemies aren't very sophisticated at attacking.