B18 with Cassandra on rough literally murdered my colony

Started by mrm, December 24, 2017, 04:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrm

So i was a year in with the Lost Tribe scenario. I got the poison ship event so i went to deal with it, it was already a hard fight because i only had greatbows and no armor. Then a pack of about 20-25 manhunting foxes spawns behind my back and murders all my people in no time. Well not murder but all my people are down and wait for their end. Then they go for mechanoids and kill them as well (i believe one of them must had to shoot on of the foxes so they got angry). Is this normal on rough difficulty? I had no chances of winning.

Reloaded the save before the fight with mechanoids and instead of manhunting foxes got a siege (had no mortars at this point) which i was able to handle and win with 1 lost leg, and then went back to finish mechanoids. Luckily they wasn't chasing me but stay around their ship.

Canute

In this case you just was unlucky.
Normaly cassandra give you enough time between 2 strong events, but i think you took too much time to prepare for the poison ship that the manhunter pack arrrived.

khun_poo

It's fine to reload the save. Sometimes thing just gone wrong and out of control.

I once got a sapper raid. I finally in my late game and have everything prepare. So, I man every colonist on mortar (14 colonists in total). The raider group got wipe out in just first volley of shell fire.

Then suddenly, while everyone is still reload the mortar, the bastard Randy decide to send tornado at the center of the mortar shelf storage that is near the mortar.

2 Colonists got blown to bit that even the corpse not left behind, 3 more dead 1 down another 4 get out of place just in time and the rest are just fleeing around inside the base.

So, it's game over with just 5 second.

SurvivoroftheNoobs

These disasters all sound weak I once had a poison ship fall right ontop of my chicken coop during a nuclear fallout. The horrors witnessed that day.....That causes Vietnam flashbacks like no other.

RyanRim

I'd never go Cassandra on hard. I go Randy on base builder, and get same shit more frequently  ;D

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

Dashthechinchilla

I had Cassandra give me a late game mech raid. Right after that, sappers. Fortunately for me, Cassandra used the same spawn point. Unfortunately for me, those pansy pirates fled before they even killed a scyther.

magicbush

I noticed she hits hard as well. I've started three different colonies and lost them all on rough also lol.

mrm

I switched from default "some challenge" to "rough" because it was so boring. Still nothing, no raids, just boring building. but when it hits, it hits with two events one after another so they are overlapping. After that, silence and calmness for long time. A17 was different, i played my first colony on "some challenge" and there was a lot more events and it was harder, raid after raid, i reloaded my game many times. On B18 i reloaded only 2 times, only in case when the whole colony died. Its kind of boring, but i'm afraid to increase the difficulty and get erased from the planet. No huge disasters (like instant blight in A17), my surgeons have 12-14lvl and never failed any operation.

Canute

The difficult don't give you more events, just scale up/down what you got if you get something.
Yes, special at later gameplay it can become boring, and you can't await the next raid.
Maybe you want setup at your next colony a repeating raid event evrey x days.

TryB4Buy

Mortar shells outside? Leaving the safety of your base and getting flanked by a second event? Weak. Try editing the storyteller and cramming every awful event via scenario if you want some difficulty.  ;D