[B18] ARMORY ENHANCED (Formerly LewisDTC's Weapon Expansion)

Started by LewisDTC, December 25, 2017, 09:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Shurp thanks for putting in the work to test the balance across all of the weapons. I haven't gotten to that myself, because all I ever get around to playing are just quick little test games to make sure I don't have any mod conflicts or errors. This means I never even get around to balance testing!

Didn't the author make some specific changes to certain kinds of weapons, and isn't it possible that some of these unique effects/changes are to account for some of the adjusted numbers, for example the minigun? On the plasma weapons as well, aren't they all supposed to do a little bit of splash aoe damage, but they are also slow yet powerful?

I can't remember all of the "flavors" that were supposed to go with each branch of weapons, but I'm betting these are the majority of the reasoning behind some of the numbers being the way they are. And also possibly because not enough thorough balance testing had been done, maybe just enough tests to make sure everything works? Hell, that's all I usually ever get around to myself, anyway! ::)

Shurp, will you post your updated Defs today for us, please? I think it will be easier if you just go ahead an zip your whole defs folder, so that we (or I can, at least!) just replace the old one with the updated numbers all at once, make things a lot easier. :) Thank you!

Shurp

I'm in the process of learning how to use Patches and xpaths, so what I'm going to do is pull all of my edits out of the mod files and drop them in a patch mod instead.  It may take a bit to do, but at least then it will be done right!  Hopefully I'll have something that looks decent later in the week; I'll keep you posted.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

SnowPlague

The Rail-Lance is bugged. Whenever firing at a wall and often when at a large pawn (even with 100% hit chance) the shot explodes on the ground, missing the target and most of the time doing no damage. :-\ Works fine on normal sized pawns.

darktoes

So.... any chance you're around for a B19 version? Or maybe waiting out 1.0?

Ashnal

Just wanted to drop in and encourage updates for the new version. Patches and xpaths can be very useful, so I'm hoping you've got them down now. I really like your weapons.

Adalah217

I've made an initial pass at updating this mod here: https://github.com/adamjl217/ArmoryEnhanced

Needs to be tested, but on the surface, everything appears to be okay

Sixdd

Thanks for that update Adalah, I was just looking to see if anyone had done it yet or I was going to do it myself :D

ShEsHy

Hope a 1.0 version comes out sometime. It's the only mod I can find that has actual tiered weapons, instead of just throwing in every weapon the authors could think of.

Sixdd

For what it's worth @ShEsHy the B19 version that Adalah217 posted works perfectly fine on 1.0, I have used it in several games since 1.0 came out and had no issues that I can recall.

ShEsHy