[1.3] Lighter than fast - Crystals - Lanius - Clone bay - Teleporters

Started by ethouiche, December 27, 2017, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

I think thats a confict with another mod.
I got similar problem in the past, but couldn't identify the mod which cause it.
It isn't this mod or zoltan races since i played zoltan before and didn't notice it.

Canute

Ok, i cloned my first pawn.
- When you reposition the meatgrinder it shouldn't loose the amino acid capacity.
Edit: my mistake, i moved during clone process ofcouse the grinder got less meat then.
- The cloned pawn should have all natural limbs/organs.
They are cloned not printed. And you could easyly create bionic at this way.
And ofcouse no scars or chronic illness, and maybe age reset to 18 or 20.

- phenodrill should be able to take sample from the torso too, pawn's with 2 bionic legs/arm's can't be registered.

- some textures are missing from the phenodrill

- as further plan, add A dog said support to the boarding drones, so we can add Animal bionic legs to them. But wait does they even have legs ? :-)

[attachment deleted due to age]

ethouiche

Quote from: green3y3 on April 05, 2018, 04:02:48 PM
hi, i have a problem with my zoltan colonist. whenever i load the game, all of her work priorities are reset to 3, sometimes it happens during the game as well. also, sometimes she complains about not being the master of her pet, although she technically is.
Zoltans have always had the weirdest bugs. I will update soon, hopefully what i have changed recently will change something. If you find errors in your logs, that would help.

Quote from: Canute on April 05, 2018, 05:29:51 PM
Ok, i cloned my first pawn.
- When you reposition the meatgrinder it shouldn't loose the amino acid capacity.
Edit: my mistake, i moved during clone process ofcouse the grinder got less meat then.
- The cloned pawn should have all natural limbs/organs.
They are cloned not printed. And you could easyly create bionic at this way.
And ofcouse no scars or chronic illness, and maybe age reset to 18 or 20.
- phenodrill should be able to take sample from the torso too, pawn's with 2 bionic legs/arm's can't be registered.
- some textures are missing from the phenodrill
- as further plan, add A dog said support to the boarding drones, so we can add Animal bionic legs to them. But wait does they even have legs ? :-)
I know they dont grow back missing things. It's intended like that. It's about phenotype not genotype. The arm/leg limitation is also intended. The missing textures come from me doing very poor job at syncing 2 directories. I will update soon. Boarding drones have human anatomy for now :x I wish i took the time to create them a good one, but it takes a lot of time. If you feel inspired  :P The Krapken anatomy was fun to do. Once.
I have more ideas for the meatgrinder like having to empty to move it. Make it puke it content around when there is no power. He should also have this behavior if it's destroyed or desconstructed.

QuoteCrystal idea:
Crystals make gems of their colors : 90 % primary  10 % secondary.
Gems they generate are now more easily minable. The resulting crystal shard item is the same color as its original gem. 2 new drug recipes made of shards : 1 that can be snort, another that can be eaten. When a crystal snort, its secondaray color will change to itsSecondarColor+GemColor/2; When a crystal eats, its primary  color will change to itsprimaryColor+GemColor/2; Gems generated with a frank color spectrum now have new properties. yellow low cover but still unpassable/orange scheduled explosive on activation/red explosive on hit/pink extinguish on hit/blue emp on activation/green forces growth around on activation.

ethouiche

I updated the teleporter git repository. Tp out is now functionnal. The steam version should come soon.

Call me Arty

Huh. Teleporters are pretty neat. That offers a lot in the way of tactics I didn't really expect. Can't help but notice that bench said "corrupted", though. Does that mean we're going to end-up splinched Harry Potter style, or something more along the lines of the teleport scene in Half Life 2? I could see either as interesting, potentially damaging and bleeding a random body part, or accidentally teleporting a couple map tiles away.

Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Canute

QuoteCan't help but notice that bench said "corrupted", though.
Does you maybe build the bench with Kraptyl instead of steel ?
Corrupted prefix comes that material.

ethouiche

Quote from: Canute on April 15, 2018, 03:39:42 AM
QuoteCan't help but notice that bench said "corrupted", though.
Does you maybe build the bench with Kraptyl instead of steel ?
Corrupted prefix comes that material.
Canute is now known as LTFwikipedia.  :P

I want to add a hediff that would make them a little bit happy, but also dizzier(more encline to puke).
I am not keen of the bleeding part. I want something random to happen, but a wound is not a very teleportish thing, imho. I will make an accuracy statistic though that will be weighted by the spot quality.

Warmup and cooldown are also weighted by the teleport range asked and the object(s) weight.
I want to weight these values with the stuff the building is made off. Not done yet.

There are 3 buildings for now.
-bench, expensive. browse linked tpspot and launch a tp
-spot, expensive. changes properties (automatic /way to teleport). Automatically linked to a bench as long as it is in its range. Manually linked to another spot/catcher
-catcher, made of wood and cloths. Can be linked to spot if in tpspot range. Will only be passive in the tp process (only spot/spot;spot/catcher are allowed).
i want the tpspot range to be weighted by both tpspot and tpbench quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE1-dKc6R_I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLlLQ3LmZWU

ethouiche

zmadz

oh i can't wait to try this mod out it looks amazing !

been getting some config errors with your buildings but i guess it's because i use the mod that allows everything to be re-installed

Config error in LTF_EngieBench: is minifiable but not in any thing category

Config error in LTF_EngieBench: is haulable, but does not have an authored mass value

Config error in LTF_MindcontrolBench: is minifiable but not in any thing category

Config error in LTF_MindcontrolBench: is haulable, but does not have an authored mass value

Config error in LTF_RegularRockmanStove: is minifiable but not in any thing category

Config error in LTF_ShieldBench: is minifiable but not in any thing category

Config error in LTF_ShieldBench: is haulable, but does not have an authored mass value

Config error in LTF_EngieBench: is minifiable but not in any thing category

Config error in LTF_EngieBench: is haulable, but does not have an authored mass value

Config error in LTF_MindcontrolBench: is minifiable but not in any thing category

Config error in LTF_MindcontrolBench: is haulable, but does not have an authored mass value

Config error in LTF_RegularRockmanStove: is minifiable but not in any thing category

Config error in LTF_ShieldBench: is minifiable but not in any thing category

Config error in LTF_ShieldBench: is haulable, but does not have an authored mass value

ethouiche