[1.3] Lighter than fast - Crystals - Lanius - Clone bay - Teleporters

Started by ethouiche, December 27, 2017, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

ethouiche,
thanks for your work.
But if you just want to post the steam link at the forum which is the main source for the non-steam user it is pointless.
But i notice you update the github too.

Then i want to ask if the github is uptodate ?
Because the mod got the wrong file structure !!
The 1.0 files NEED to placed into the root because 1.0 Rimworld don't support the version subfolder.

ethouiche

Hello Canute.
I read the ModUpdating.txt file ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\RimWorld ) and it said :
QuoteCompatibility with 1.0:
Version 1.0 does not support the load folder system, however it does support loading Defs, Patches and Assemblies from folder named 1.0 (if that folder exists).
I guess i misunderstood what it meant. I followed the common file structure i found in other mods. That must be a mess for 1.0 users  :(
I have no way to test 1.0 version anymore. Testing gets quite impossible.
As you probably already figured out, the quick fix would be for the user to move everything that is in the 1.0 folder into the root.
I want to create standalone versions of the 5 races from Lighter than fast. I will follow your recommandations and tell you when i commit my work for you to validate, if you are ok with that. Then if it works accordingly, i would update all the older mods to follow what works for 1.0.

Would this file structure work ?
Quote-YourMod/
      -Assemblies/
      -Defs/
      -Textures/
      -Sounds/

-1.1/
        -Assemblies/
        -Defs/
        -Patches/
Thank you for your valuable feedback.

Canute

I played serveral 1.0 colonies during the hotfix phase of 1.0 and just can say, mod's with 1.0 folder didn't worked. I needed to copy the stuff into the root folder.
But it isn't that important, since the people who still use 1.0 to die out ! :-)

ethouiche

Canute, I just uploaded Mantis as a standalone. I changed the file structure. Could you tell me if it works ? Thank you.

https://github.com/goudaQuiche/LTF_Mantis

Canute

Yep, that is fine.
But i need to apologize !
The 1.0 folder work's against my statemant. Looks like i messed it or i got some mods previously that didn't worked and got that still in mind.

ProfZelonka

Can the Mantis female colonists bite off their lover's heads after sleeping with them? Lol ;D

ethouiche

Quote from: Canute on March 17, 2020, 12:08:50 PM
Yep, that is fine.
But i need to apologize !
The 1.0 folder work's against my statemant. Looks like i messed it or i got some mods previously that didn't worked and got that still in mind.
It's fine, i am still happy that it works for you. Thanks for your continual support.

Quote from: ProfZelonka on March 17, 2020, 12:10:20 PM
Can the Mantis female colonists bite off their lover's heads after sleeping with them? Lol ;D
That would be a fun addition indeed. These poor guys have already a hard time on their daily life with their lack of technical skills, i hope for them their night time is more pleasant.

Canute

That wouldn't be that bad if the male just would be animals.
Like the Minions or Monstergirl which can do improved task like cleaning,mining,plant cut.
The Mantis just would have female pawns by default.
Once they become mature they will "eat" a male mantis (animal) then the egg process start and it lay 2+ eggs with a low chance for new extra female pawn.
Or some food/operation/training to transform a male into a female.

ethouiche

;D easier said than done.
I am writing some more mantis backstories right now. I want to create standalone versions of all the races and probably improve them in the process.
When i am done with that, maybe i will consider your broking mantis families suggestions. I feel it does not really suit with a sentient race that has feelings and it's a bit far from the FTL inspiration. The ideas remain very fun and making a race unique in its behavior is always more fun than a dumb reskin.

Canute

I like races with unique abilities/behavior much more then how they look.
So most of these dumb reskin races with just some minor adjust into stats (i point at all these Star Wars/Star Trek races) i just skip.
Yes i know anything beside XML is hard , but you allready did some nice other feature (clone,teleport) so i hope into it.

ProfZelonka

Quote from: Canute on March 18, 2020, 03:53:59 AM
That wouldn't be that bad if the male just would be animals.
Like the Minions or Monstergirl which can do improved task like cleaning,mining,plant cut.
The Mantis just would have female pawns by default.
Once they become mature they will "eat" a male mantis (animal) then the egg process start and it lay 2+ eggs with a low chance for new extra female pawn.
Or some food/operation/training to transform a male into a female.
Hahahaha. I love how serious you are about the idea. That would be quite a unique scenario to play through, which indeed is worth a lot more than other modders' texture mods.

ethouiche

Rockmen standalone uploaded :
https://github.com/goudaQuiche/LTF_Rockmen
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2027296393

I hope some of you will enjoy it even if it is only a sad reskin mod race  :P

I thought they could eventually have an ability that has the same effect as a firefoam popper without the foam ; They would release their inner air to do that. Not sure if that would be fun. Maybe force push ennemies with that.

Canute

QuoteI thought they could eventually have an ability that has the same effect as a firefoam popper without the foam ; They would release their inner air to do that
Basicly not bad, but i think you just would use the vanilla function for the popper.
But when they do it with their internal air, it should some non-oxygen, and basicly if the fire can't survive a living beeing that need oxygen prolly would die or be unconsious at last if that would be in range too.

If you would add that to the race it realy could be a powerful combat ability.
The pawn who used that should have decreased breathing (to rebuild their internal pressure) for day/half day.

ProfZelonka

Canute, I think what you're talking about is a mod using Royalty's "magic" abilities.

ethouiche, I do enjoy the different stat race mods too tho, thanks for making cool stuff! About to start a game this week with all of your mods, looking forward to it! Thanks again!