[1.3] Lighter than fast - Crystals - Lanius - Clone bay - Teleporters

Started by ethouiche, December 27, 2017, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Wau real smart bombs ! :-)

Another thing,
i can craft shieldmet at the mashining bench without research.

Just a question,
does the Engi get born with their vanila rom's ? Or why it isn't possible to craft some at the Fabrication/Mashining bench ?
I think i remember your answer, to limit the upgrade process.

Why are steel/plasteel claw's arn't smeltable, most of the LTF races use them as mellee weapons.

ethouiche

Quote from: Canute on April 30, 2020, 12:59:02 PM
ethouiche,
some problem with the Mantis.
If a mantis lost a hand (failed surgery, combat,...) i can't install a (plasteel) claw anymore.
I used the Mantis from the main mod.
Claws are subparts of the hand. No hand, no claw. That's sad but that's their anatomy.

Quote from: LWM on May 01, 2020, 02:50:47 AM
The Zoltans' explosion on death (in FTL) only damages opponents - not allies, not equipment.

Perhaps a modified explosion method that does something similar?
I checked and you speak truth. I will keep that in mind, the next time I update them.

Quote from: Canute on May 01, 2020, 03:24:40 AM
Wau real smart bombs ! :-)

Another thing,
i can craft shieldmet at the mashining bench without research.

Just a question,
does the Engi get born with their vanila rom's ? Or why it isn't possible to craft some at the Fabrication/Mashining bench ?
I think i remember your answer, to limit the upgrade process.

Why are steel/plasteel claw's arn't smeltable, most of the LTF races use them as mellee weapons.

You can get roms by doing surgery on them or by butchering them. Meaning you can get up to 3 roms per engi iirc.
I will add the 2 other things to my todo.

Thanks for the feedbacks guys, very appreciated.

I updated slugs, fixing a bug where they could wear an infinite number of pants, making it compatibley with Blood and Stains mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2075683887). I also updated Lanius, fixing a bug where they would keep on depriving a room from oxygen even when dead.

Canute

QuoteIn this scenario inspired by Faster than Light, you will start with :
- 1 cloning bay (1 phenodrill, 1 clone vat, 3 meat grinders)
- 1 chemfuel power generator, 2 batteries
In the surroundings are scattered :
- 500 Chemfuel
I would remove the chemfuel, chemfuel generator and maybe electricity research and add a variometric powercell.
Because a spaceship with chemfuel generator and chemfuel, i don't think so.
But the powercell could be a backup system you salvaged from the remains.

ethouiche

Is that from the royalty DLC ? I dont have it. Does it give infinite power ?
I like the fact that they have a finite amount of fuel that they wont be able to replenish.
I do understand it's not logical for the fuel to not get desintegrated while the ship is supposed to be crashed, but I do need something to have some power.
You are right about the electricity though. It removes all pressure to have it on start. I will update that.

Canute

No the powercell exist since a few releases, but it isn't buildable.
https://rimworldwiki.com/wiki/Vanometric_power_cell
It is a rare event reward like the infinity chemreactor or the mech serums.

ethouiche

Ok I guess I did not use the good pattern to search in vanilla definitions. I still feel infinite power is too strong.
I just updated the mantis race stand alone mod and added :

• Plasteel and Steel claws now have an additionnal component, aka they are made of stuff
  • Wooden plank claw, sorry if it looks stupid, I will update the texture later. It gives them some taming bonus
  • Smeltable recipies for steel and plasteel claws, burnable for all claws
  • Peeling natural claws recipy at butcher table for juicy insect meat
  • 1 more research project tier , more hyperlink descriptions
:warning: Old claws wont be able to get smelted because they are not made of stuff. So dont try to smelt them, it wont happen.

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2025343753
Git: https://github.com/goudaQuiche/LTF_Mantis

Canute

QuoteSmeltable recipies for steel and plasteel claws, burnable for all claws
Great !
Could you look at the market value too ? Compared to mellee weapons they have a very high value.
And when a LTF faction raid you, you have a boost of wealth because of all these claws the faction use as mellee weapons.

ethouiche

I removed their marketValue in the stand alone version. The game chooses their price on its own.

ethouiche

I updated the Lanius mod:
- Made Aloenius plant effective : reduces the effect of oxygen deprivation induced by a Lanius, growable in a plant pot or in the ground. Low nutrition and harvestYield, but they have some beauty.
- Made Breathmask effective : cancels same effect, makes the wearer immune to oxygen deprivation
- Powered coolers and opened vents are now taken in account to calculate a room air flow (considered as open doors)
- Changed damage done to brain by a suffocating room to chemical instead surgical
- Added mentalStateGiver(GiveupExit and wanderer) for asphyxia victims, but they usually die before they can really react.
- Added research tree for aloenius and breathmask
- Fixed a minor hair bug in faction definitions
- Tweaked the scenario

Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1543164737
Git: https://github.com/goudaQuiche/LTF_Lanius

ethouiche

A medical bay that will tend and regenerate every unit you want in a room.

Adds :

• 3 tiers of medical bay
  • 2 new ressources, medifuel and medistone
  • Draining tiles which in combination with a filth compressor, will keep a room clean
Credits to :

• GenomX for giving me the medistone texture
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2101075718

Canute

Nice idea,
but what happen to all the github projects ? Or do you concentrate on workshop releases only ?

ethouiche

I read that vanilla expanded will release a race mod about FTL. Since I dont really like their ways, I dont want to give them free source code to help them overshadowing my work. I feel they could go for content that has not been done yet. Sorry if it impacts you, but even it's meaningless, it's my only option to not ease their inevitable steamrolling crushing of my mods.

Canute

Understood,
but you just have remove the source folder from the master, and leave the other files.
And you know, people still can disassemble the .dll ? Sure they won't see your comments but still can get at the sourcecode.

But at last there exist now good workshop downloader, so DRM-free user can get them from the workshop.

LWM

Do please have a license that includes opening up the work in case something happens to you!  (Creative Commons has a  lot of options with hefty rules, and you can always add your own requirements in a license)

If you do drop off the planet, it will make players much happier down the road.