[1.3] Lighter than fast - Crystals - Lanius - Clone bay - Teleporters

Started by ethouiche, December 27, 2017, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Whoa! Mind control bench, mind control logs?!?! Holy shit, tell us more! ;D

ethouiche

https://imgur.com/a/nov4a

I just uploaded the first version of the mind control bench.

You can mindcontrol animals or any pawn.

The bench has a set radius. You have to choose your target then a worker has to do his thing to enable the mind control. The work amount and the work per tick are based on the vector the Tormentor (mastermind) will use. It will choose the best vector to beat his victim(only for non humanoids). It is possible that the tormentor cant mind control the victim at all. I should check if if the tormentor can self mind control.

For now there are 3 vectors :
- Empathy ( social/artistic)
- Manipulation ( social/int )
- Ascendancy ( int/medicine).

The Vector that is used will condition the Mental state : sad wander, berserk, leaving the map (I am stuck with MentalStateDef for now, i did not find how to apply a MentalBreakDef yet, if anyone can help :)). You can also make animals manhunters, it's harder when the animals are bigger/wilder. But i dont think it's hard enough though. I want the bench to consume something to condition its use. There will be a lot of buttons  ??? The mind log details what is happening. I want to write stories in the mind log.

In FTL, you can boost the health of the victim with the superior tier mind control. I would also like some kind of pseudo random backfire. If you guys have ideas  ;)

I realize i have not considered the mechanoids and it will probably bug. That's a feature 8)

Harry_Dicks

Holy crap man, this is fantastic. You never fail to keep impressing me. Do you plan to ever release the mind control as a sub mod, or will all of your things remain together in one, or will you maybe do release them separately when you are finished with all of them?

ethouiche

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 13, 2018, 04:26:02 AM
Holy crap man, this is fantastic. You never fail to keep impressing me. Do you plan to ever release the mind control as a sub mod, or will all of your things remain together in one, or will you maybe do release them separately when you are finished with all of them?
Thank you :)
For now everything is quite intricated. Once i have done all the features i want, i will try to untangle the whole thing which should help to do more specific releases.

ethouiche

Draw

I changed the Rock heads again  :P

Call me Arty

Quote from: ethouiche on January 13, 2018, 11:24:39 PM
Draw

Those are looking pretty awesome! Keep-up the great work!
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: ethouiche on January 13, 2018, 11:24:39 PM
Draw

Seriously I really like the new rock men look at LOT better than before! I think if you for that Hulk body style, if you could make their body "lines" not look so straight going around their body outline, it might make it look even better.

ethouiche

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 15, 2018, 01:23:40 AM
Seriously I really like the new rock men look at LOT better than before! I think if you for that Hulk body style, if you could make their body "lines" not look so straight going around their body outline, it might make it look even better.

I have an idea for this, but i have not taken the time to do it yet.

I reworked both zoltans and engies. I have let the bsod as a back screen : if they are unconscious, bsod by default.

Call me Arty

I'd say that the Zoltan is a definite improvement, though I'm not so fond of the Engi rework. Maybe it's just me -the guy who's only contribution to the mod is criticism and suggestions-, but I liked their more unique head shape. Now they look more like someone put a screen on the existing human, Zoltan, or Rock head. Maybe something closer to the promotional material, like an old-fashioned computer maybe? With the right proportions, it could still fit fine in most helmets and headwear.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

ethouiche

Yes they seem really flat, but at least i have a template to work on.

The screens are body parts, i can change the main head model as long as i respect the backscreen that is stuck on it. back screen and screen body part should be pixel perfect. I can add things on their head to make it less smooth. I can also add hairs that are made of wires.

It's more a template than a definitive version. The old face shape did not go well with hats. I will get rid of all the old hairs. There are some stickers in the hairs too (hi tux)

Criticisms is what i want :) Nice compliment last for a few minutes, good criticism have a bigger impact even if it's less enjoyable on the moment.

Call me Arty

Quote from: ethouiche on January 16, 2018, 05:08:56 AM
I can add things on their head to make it less smooth. I can also add hairs that are made of wires.

Well, if we're adding to criticism, as a lore geek for both games, Engi are made of nanomachines, not conduits and wires. Less this more this, for example. Wires aren't really their thing, and I have no idea why they have screens if that's the case. Feel free to do wires, still, just know that you might find losers like me who'd be bothered for all of 10 minutes it took to get them into a hat.

ethouiche

Call me Arty

Quote from: ethouiche on January 17, 2018, 08:38:01 AM
How do you draw nanothings ?

Smooth metal, I'd say (http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/Races/Engi "Silvery skin"). However, you're in luck! FTL only has one official portrait of a race in more than their sprite, and that's the Engi! Now, they don't look so smooth in the official art. It almost looks like metal plates, but I'm getting a vibe more like almost reptilian scales, like the Krogan from Mass Effect. Again, it's hard to tell, since that's the only official art of a race, and it's mostly shadowy, low resolution, and lacking in color, but it's up to you on what you feel most comfortable with modeling.

ethouiche

I tried a new thing.
It's a class borrowed from the forsaken which adds another layer to glow. I think i will use it for Rocks and Engies.