[1.3] Lighter than fast - Crystals - Lanius - Clone bay - Teleporters

Started by ethouiche, December 27, 2017, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

How could we not support it? This mod looks fantastic! ;D

Does the image on that mind control bench change or anything as it is being used?

ethouiche

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 27, 2018, 07:11:54 PM
How could we not support it? This mod looks fantastic! ;D
<3
Does the image on that mind control bench change or anything as it is being used?
Let me answer you with a video : Behold the mind bench v2.0 !
That overlay should be usefull.

Harry_Dicks

Nice! I wish I could have little animations like this on a lot of things. Vitals monitors, TVs, smelters, etc.

ethouiche

Is there a way to link a comp to another one by using xml ? Is it possible, in a xml file thing.comp to ask for access of another <comp> variable ? I would like to make that building overlay more reusable and less linked to the behaviour i coded it for.

ethouiche

I will work on the clone bay even if the mind bench is not over.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: ethouiche on January 28, 2018, 12:14:04 PM
I will work on the clone bay even if the mind bench is not over.

You make such beautiful textures ;)

Call me Arty

I know everything's a W.I.P., but once again, the new stuff looks a tad "unrimworldish". Using the cryobed as a sort of base and modifying that usually works well for projects like this. Also, is that other texture some sort of engine?
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Harry_Dicks

And why the sad face? People don't post just a single sad emoji on a forum unless they want people to ask what's wrong...

ethouiche

It was an 'embarassed' smiley, meaning i blushed because you were nice.

The engine/meat masher is for the clone bay. It will eat meat to allow the casket to clone something already recorded.
I want it to randomly arm the colonist sometimes. The wound size should feed the machine accordingly. Clones would have higher 'accident' rates. I want the human meat to give a higher filling rate to the meatcube. When the meat cube is out of power and full, it will spit the meat at high velocity(dont ask why).

The clone bay should not copy bionics/artificial part. A clone will have 2 levels of xp loss in each skill compared to the original. Sometimes the clone will have additionatel scares. If by any means someone manages to revive someone who has been cloned, original and his clone will hate each other.

if someone registers a pawn in the clone bay, harvests organs, butchers him, then revives him, it may be imbalance. I wonder if it needs to be countered.

I dont like the casket. I cant begin to code as long as the gfx are not okish.

ethouiche

Quote from: Call me Arty on January 29, 2018, 03:28:11 PM
I know everything's a W.I.P., but once again, the new stuff looks a tad "unrimworldish". Using the cryobed as a sort of base and modifying that usually works well for projects like this. Also, is that other texture some sort of engine?

Call me Arty

I like the texture, but all I can see is two Engis trying to at the same time snuggle and devour it.
By "unrimworldish", I mostly meant the perspective. See, for example, how you can see the South-facing sides of all the sprites in the game? That's because the game, though it's top-down, has a slight tilt. Your clone bay is a bit too tilted to that side, and is showing too much side and not enough top. You never see the fluff of the pillows on beds, for example.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

Harry_Dicks

Yes, the concept art you just posted besides this most recent iteration of the cryo-sleep chamber, the perspective is off. The turqoise and red things are too much to the side. Remember, it's a psuedo 2.5D environment.

ethouiche

draw me a 2.5d cube/cone/sphere please

Harry_Dicks

I'm terrible at art. Just look for example in the game at how a wall looks. It is like you are almost directly above it, but the camera is tilted slightly up. That's why when you are looking at say, a wall running left to right on your screen, that you can see on the southern facing wall the small outline of bricks, but on the northern facing wall you cannot see them. Think about how some things look like you are looking directly down at them, versus some things you are looking down, but at a slight angle. This is why I called it a "psuedo 2.5d" because the game is not consistent with the fashion in which it displays things. Another example is the TVs in game. You cannot see the screen on them, but on chairs you can see the legs.