[1.3] Lighter than fast - Crystals - Lanius - Clone bay - Teleporters

Started by ethouiche, December 27, 2017, 09:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Call me Arty

Interesting design choice. Because you couldn't program them removing oxygen, you instead made them synthesize forbidden pemmican. I like it! /s

In seriousness, great to see this mod still getting attention.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

ethouiche

;D Manhunter pemmican is coming for you.
I have an idea to make them drain oxygen.

Lanii(plural!) will check each tick if they are in a roofed room. If they are, register that room(if not already done), and lower the oxygen rate. If that rate is lower than 50%, any non Lanius/mechanoid pawn will have a breath capacity reduction. I hope that will do.

Call me Arty

Neat, you actually got it to work. I'm impressed.

How's the mechanic function? Is it within a radius around the Lanius, or is it actually based on enclosed spaces? Either way, I'm impressed.
Why are you focusing on having a personal life rather than updating a mod that you're not paid to work on?

If there's a mistake in my post, please message me so I can fix it!

ethouiche

- more lanius in a room makes the room drain faster
- when the oxygen ratio of a room is under 20% the victim will feint a few second after, then brain damages, then death
- the bigger the room, the longer it takes to drain its oxygen
- the bigger the room the faster it will recover when no lanius is in it
- if you open 1+ doors, or unroof the room the oxygen will come back faster

Breathability is a room statistic that is managed by a mapComponent called breathability manager. Lanius have a hediff that initialize the mapComp if they are in an enclosed room. The Breathability manager applies asphyxia on non lanius. There was some kind of trickidy tricks involved to save/load(exposedata) the manager bc rooms cant be saved(non iexposable).

https://github.com/goudaQuiche/LTF_Lanius/tree/master/sources/RimWorld_ExampleProjectDLL

I was very lucky that Mehni gave me that mapComponent trail, otherwise it would have remained a project.

ethouiche

Beam me up scotty(tp mod) :
- added beds and box to teleport incapacitated pawns/animals or prisonners where you want them to be.

I also doubled the tp range.

Ruisuki

ive been dreaming of a post rimworld game turned to ftl like in space for years now. I imagined the space game becoming something like dubs marsx but if you can pull it off on your todo list thatd be amazing

Canute

Hi ethouiche,
just download the latest releases from Github and notice some errors on startup.
All LTF races give out multiple Short hash errors,
"CrystalChildBS10 already has short hash."
They are maybe harmless. But you should work to eliminate them.

Most clonebay textures got wrong paths.
"Could not load UnityEngine.Texture2D at Things/Building/MeatGrinder/Overlay/Meat_back in any active mod or in base resources."
Ohh i think i found the issue, typo in the foldername.
After i changed overlay into Overlay at Meatgrinder and Phenodrill it works.

Canute

I started a Lanius colony,
and geting after loading the colony these repeating error.
Same error happen when i spawned some visitor and they don't show up, i think they was lanius.

System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[LTF_RoomOxygenRatioMemory] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate, Fallback fallback) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[LTF_RoomOxygenRatioMemory] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at LTF_Lanius.RoomBreathabilityManager.RoomDeregister (Verse.Room registeredRoom, Boolean debug) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at LTF_Lanius.RoomBreathabilityManager.MapComponentTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.MapComponentUtility.MapComponentTick (Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.MapComponentUtility:MapComponentTick(Map)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.Game:<LoadGame>m__4()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

NoCanDo

Canute

ROM's Read only memory.
Part of the Engi physiology to enhance them, since they are cyborgs.
If you don't got any engi, you can sell/destroy them.

ethouiche

@Canute Every time you reload a save game with lanius, you get that error ? I thought i did that kind of test, that's odd.
was there anything special with the room ?

I noticed i have a display bug with engies. It has been there since 1.0  :-\ I am working on different ways to be able to breath in an oxygen deprived room : breathmask, plant, Lanius lungs to install.
It's time for an update.