[Mod] (Alpha 6) Rimrats v1.1

Started by Argain, June 03, 2014, 08:13:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argain

Rimrats v1.1

Description:
Rimrats are a native animal to the rimworlds and pre-date the wars that had taken place there. During the wars, rimrats were used in experiments to produce bioengineered weapons that would run into enemy territory and explode upon death (now commonly known as the 'boomrats'). Unlike their boomrat counterparts, rimrats still die in a natural fashion and only pose a minor threat as 'pests' with a mischievous curiosity for electrical wires.

Author:
Argain

Credits:
bleedo

Features:
- Rimrats spawn in the world with basic herbivore behaviors
- Rimrats can breed and spawn more Rimrats (population cap of 50)
    - Chance to breed slows down as the population increases
- Rimrats have an aging process
    - New Rimrats start at age 0
    - Every day all Rimrats increase in age by 1
    - All Rimrats have a lifespan of 10 days
    - All Rimrats can only breed during the age of 6 - 8
- Unique behavior for occasionally attacking anything nearby with electricity flowing through it

Notes:
This mod is compatible with all other mods (except the Muffalo Breeding mod) and has the source code included. Everyone is free to include this mod in any modpack. I require no credit or notification to use any part of this in other works. You're free to do with it what you please.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

JKTD1919

I would love to see a 4F compatible update of this.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

Argain

xBlackfieldx

looks like a nice little thing to put more wildlife into the game :)

as a suggestion: if able try do replace the boomrats with them in this case the mod would get on my top list :P

Argain

I'd rather not have them replace the boomrats altogether, but I made a little side-mod for removing boomrats from the game: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4061.msg39935#msg39935. When used together, they should achieve the desired result :)

xBlackfieldx

I just saw it :) Thank you so much :)

insanevizir

Exception ticking Rimrat_Rimrat72016: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at Verb_MeleeAttack.TryShotSpecialEffect () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Verb.TryFireNextBurstShot () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Verb.InitCast () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Verb.TryStartCastOn (TargetPack castTarg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Pawn_NativeVerbs.TryMeleeAttack (Verse.Thing target, MeleeAttackMode mode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver_AttackMelee+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator67.<>m__DC () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.DriverTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Pawn_JobTracker.JobTrackerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Pawn.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.TickList.SingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I keep getting this error debug. Dunno how to use your mod without being interrupted all teh time by the pop up of the debug screen.

forsaken1111

Quote from: insanevizir on June 16, 2014, 01:23:22 PMDunno how to use your mod without being interrupted all teh time by the pop up of the debug screen.
The debug screen shouldn't pop up if you turn off developer mode...

Argain

Interesting... not getting those pop-ups at all, even with developer mode turned on. Are there any other mods you're running alongside this one?

Celthric Aysen

can we get mouse traps please? :)
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

JKTD1919

Wow. You are da bes.

I love little mods like this.
Os iusti meditabitur sapientian, et lingua eius loquetur iudicium. Venerit vir qui sufferit tentationem.

Argain

Ivia

Thanks for the update, I really like this little gray creature xD

Argain

Added aging and breeding! ;D was something I wanted to experiment with before starting another mod, and I think it turned out well.

Dr. Z

You need to update this for Alpha 6. Those little bastards gave me good times ^^
Also, could you change the attack animation on electrical things to an eating animation? I think this would look even cooler.
Prasie the Squirrel!