(B18) Frozen Fingers

Started by Oceany, December 28, 2017, 11:36:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceany

(This is my first post ever on Ludeon forums)
So, let's begin the journey of my ice sheet colony. Randy Random on rough, crash-landed.

Day 1
Lumpy the (I forget, sorry), Sephera the artist and Christian the settler, landed and started to build a metal shack to protect from the cold.

Day 2
Christian sleeps outside for some dumb reason and loses a finger to frost bite.

Day 5ish
First raid, easily dispatched and eaten.

Day 12
Hrydroponics room is up and we should stop having to eat people.

Day 13
Lumpy's cat "Kudu" is eaten by a polar bear. Later that day a wanderer joins us his name is Darby a scientist.

Day 19
Darby is attacked by the polar bear while mining, Lumpy and Sephara go out and try to save him. (Christian is a pacifist)
Darby is killed but shortly after we kill the polar bear.

Day 24
Another raid, we ate them too.
Thrumbo in town, Lumpy and Sephara take it down using some fancy moves and the sacrifice of Sephera's right eye.

Day 37
Devastation has struck the colony in the form of the raid that followed from a chased refugee, Ross the medic. Lumpy and Sephara made a last stand taking one down but soon where downed aswell. Ross was downed from hypothermia while Christian sat inside hiding away. The raiders left but not before taking the incapacitated colonists.

Day 39
Another raid, this has officially been the meanest Randy has ever been to me. Three tribesmen with knifes versus a pacifist. 
They left after destroying my solar gens, wind turbine and stealing my thumb horn and plasteel.

Day 40
Lumi is escapes and attacks Christian, this may be the end. Lumi downs Christian and decides to attack the other thrumbo that is chilling outside...

So Christian is downed in the small prisoner room, Lumi is bleeding outside with a manhunter thrumbo roaming about.

Day 40 (Later that day)
Christian gets up and is mauled by the thrumbo. Is now bleeding out outside, where it is like -60C.

Day 41
Christian starts losing toes and fingers, he finally dies from hypothermia right after Lumi dies from malnutrition.

That's it... I might document my next adventure like this again so look out.

Hans Lemurson

Ice sheets are vicious.  You gotta protect your "life support" systems at all costs.  But it looks like the Thrumbo was the final nail in the coffin.

I'm not really sure how I'd fight a manhunter-Thrumbo with so few pawns.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

SzQ

That's really nice story and my sleep shall be improved but what the hell is Lumi?

Also what am i missing:
"Day 24
Another raid, we ate them too.
Thrumbo in town, Lumpy and Sephara take it down using some fancy moves and the sacrifice of Sephera's right eye." We ate it, the Thrumbo too.

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

joebob1337

I think he was joking they ate Sephera's eye.

Oceany

I apologize, Lumi is the only prisoner I captured from the raid.