[Non-Steam Download Request]B18 Training Console

Started by extremeplayer_X, December 27, 2017, 02:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

extremeplayer_X

Canute

Stop looking at steam when you don't got a steam account !! :-)
If the steam page don't give a link to alternate distribution like github, i wouldn't await anything.

Desert Pone

Quote from: Canute on December 27, 2017, 04:55:54 PM
If the steam page don't give a link to alternate distribution like github, i wouldn't await anything.
heres what would need to be done, DL it from steam, launch rimworld, go to mods, open mods folder, copy folder of mod, upload to some site such as MEGA, mediafire, google drive, etc,  paste link here,  takes about 120 seconds tops if you got a good comp and connection, please note that i have the non steam version of rimworld so i don't know if the steam version does mod storage differantly

Canute

Desert Pone,
don't forget after all the action "await you account remove from Steam, because of copyright violation".

Desert Pone

Quote from: Canute on December 28, 2017, 04:01:00 AM
Desert Pone,
don't forget after all the action "await you account remove from Steam, because of copyright violation".
only if someone reports it,  steam isen't going to know you copyed the mod files,  as long as its just for personal use i don't see a problem,  use private messages if you want to cover your rear,  however if your talking about trying to run a non steam version on steam,  that would cause a problem, but it should still be possible to get a steam key for rimworld as long as you have the DRM free version

extremeplayer_X

(if you dont want to read my ******* history about how ****** is the brazil just dont read that)
look, for now i don't have money to buy a full game (i havent a pixel shader 3.0 VGA so... i wont will buy until a have one) i live o Brazil, where, i on 3 times i walk on street i 4 times i get robbed :v (ok its a joke but, i cant walk with my samsung s2 duos (That is so old...) that i get robbed!) The cops, teachers , and etc. dont recieved they money! (i'm one of those!) and other problems that i cant solve beause ain't my falt that dont let me buy the games that i love...
and is because of this i cant buy this game u.u (BRL:70.00 last time i see this on steam)

Quote from: Desert Pone on December 27, 2017, 07:36:46 PM
heres what would need to be done, DL it from steam, launch rimworld, go to mods, open mods folder, copy folder of mod, upload to some site such as MEGA, mediafire, google drive, etc,  paste link here,  takes about 120 seconds tops if you got a good comp and connection, please note that i have the non steam version of rimworld so i don't know if the steam version does mod storage differantly

that is the kind of comentary that i'm looking for! tnx for the quote ;)

dburgdorf

Quote from: extremeplayer_X on December 29, 2017, 07:08:16 PMlook, for now i don't have money to buy a full game....

If you'd bought the non-Steam version of the game, you would have free access to a Steam code, so you'd be able to download mods from the Steam workshop. If you'd bought the Steam version of the game, well, obviously, you'd be able to access Steam workshop downloads.

So the only reason you'd "need" a non-Steam download is if you're actually playing a pirated version of the game, an assumption which seems borne out by your statement that you supposedly "don't have money" to buy the game.

So in essence, you've pirated the game, and now you want assistance in pirating mods.

I sincerely hope you don't get that assistance.  If a modder has only made a mod available via Steam, then presumably that's the only venue through which that modder wants his or her work distributed.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?