[✓] [Mod Request] Crafting Leveling = More Crafting Speed

Started by Kbforss, December 30, 2017, 12:27:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kbforss

Simple one, just make it like mining, cooking, medicine. Maybe one XML file is enough

Canute

You know, when you craft faster, you will finish the object faster too, and for the most crafting things this means less XP.
With the skill degeneration, unless you have realy alot of resources, you will have it harder to reach skill 20.

I mosttimes wait until my crafter rech skill 20 before i install him bionic arms (and spine from other mod).

BrokenValkyrie

Despite having worked closely with stats, I have never noticed that sculpting, tailoring and smithing are not influenced by crafting skill. This is one of the easier request. Easily achieved with xpath patch insertion.

Edit*
I am currently working on the mod, hopefully this will be quick one.

Kbforss

Quote from: Canute on December 30, 2017, 05:45:22 PM
You know, when you craft faster, you will finish the object faster too, and for the most crafting things this means less XP.
With the skill degeneration, unless you have realy alot of resources, you will have it harder to reach skill 20.

I mosttimes wait until my crafter rech skill 20 before i install him bionic arms (and spine from other mod).

i do have a mod that adds trainmat, a material to train crafting at all, thank you for this but hopefully it wont be a problem! Happy New Year!
Quote from: BrokenValkyrie on January 01, 2018, 07:19:57 AM
Despite having worked closely with stats, I have never noticed that sculpting, tailoring and smithing are not influenced by crafting skill. This is one of the easier request. Easily achieved with xpath patch insertion.

Edit*
I am currently working on the mod, hopefully this will be quick one.
Okay! Happy New Year and thanks!

BrokenValkyrie

Done! Added attachment for download, will be uploading workshop version.

It adds skill factor to recipe, there should be no conflict unless a mod adds skill factor as well. It scales the same as cooking, it start at the base of 0.4 and increase 0.06 for each level. In short you'll craft slower at the beginning but at lvl 20 you'll be crafting around X1.6 faster than vanilla.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: BrokenValkyrie on January 01, 2018, 08:02:53 AM
Done! Added attachment for download, will be uploading workshop version.

It adds skill factor to recipe, there should be no conflict unless a mod adds skill factor as well. It scales the same as cooking, it start at the base of 0.4 and increase 0.06 for each level. In short you'll craft slower at the beginning but at lvl 20 you'll be crafting around X1.6 faster than vanilla.

Awesome, thanks a ton!