[Mod Request] Cleanliness Items

Started by Harry_Dicks, January 10, 2018, 01:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me get started on a small cleanliness mod. I saw there is a "Disinfectant Stand" on Steam that adds 20 cleanliness to rooms. I thought this would be a great little idea to expand upon with maybe a couple other small items. I really, really like little small mod added items that go to workshops, kitchens, hospitals, etc. If it is xml only I think I could handle it, and I am willing to try and learn on my own the xml part, I just some help getting started. If anyone knows or could show me how to make any item in the defs add cleanliness to a room or radius, that would be great and I could probably take it from there. I don't think I have any mods that add items like this that I could look at for reference.

wwWraith

Basically what you need is just to add e.g. <Cleanliness>20</Cleanliness> into <statBases> section of some furniture's def. I made a mod for this purpose, too, deriving from cuproPanda's CorePanda mod. It's in the attachment. The problem is that my sink should be filled with water collected from well, but actually gives cleanliness even when empty. I have no knowledge of C# and CuproPanda said that he don't want to reimplement his water system (at least in the same way that it was in A14) so I can't just use his class to make it work as intended. Maybe I'll find some solution and publish it later but you can use it as it is now or make something your own. The other idea I thought of was some UV lamp but I expect there will be the same problem of giving cleanliness even unpowered.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.