Got an idea for a Storyteller incident?

Started by Tynan, September 17, 2013, 06:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galileus

Quote from: TechnicPyro on January 13, 2014, 07:12:59 PMOk now THIS is extremely similar to my suggestion...

One: the funny thing is, your suggestion is very similar to at least three other suggestion I've seen here from even before you logged in for the first time. And I'm quite sure I could very easily bump that number up to five if I wanted.

Two: the even funnier thing is, Tynan already talked about an event like that, partially in the first post of this topic, partially in other topic that was all about that idea.

So please, PLEASE stop policing people about "ideas copying/stealing/whatever", when your "own" idea doesn't have an ounce of originality in it, and was de facto already discussed. It's not like you invented cold fusion there, mate.

Pakislav

Quote from: TechnicPyro on January 13, 2014, 07:12:59 PM
Ok now THIS is extremely similar to my suggestion...

Indeed. ^^
Well, repetition isn't a bad thing. Maybe if Tynan sees more people are into that he'll be more likely to implement it.

SlimeCrusher

Maybe?:
"We're missing one!": A single raider appears with a pistol/lee enfield without any message, he'll try to free his friend wich is inprisioned by the colony, he'll ignite the walls and free his friend, they'll both run towards the edge of the map, if incapacitated he'll grab his friend, if killed you could re-capture the prisioner or even better, the raider will have a 50% of falling incapacitated, so you could get 2 prisioners by the price of 1!

TechnicPyro

Quote from: Galileus on January 16, 2014, 10:08:39 AM
Quote from: TechnicPyro on January 13, 2014, 07:12:59 PMOk now THIS is extremely similar to my suggestion...
So please, PLEASE stop policing people about "ideas copying/stealing/whatever", when your "own" idea doesn't have an ounce of originality in it, and was de facto already discussed. It's not like you invented cold fusion there, mate.

Sorry, didn't want to make it seem as if I was complaining.  I agree with Pakislav that repetition could possibly be a good thing (if in moderation) to getting the idea noticed but not spammed.  I never really saw any posts about the topic and I was in such a rush to post it, before forgetting the idea, that I didn't use the search bar :P  Anyway, didn't mean to seem like a jerk, just wanted to ruffle some of Untrustedlife's feathers after his post.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: TechnicPyro on January 16, 2014, 09:59:19 PM
Quote from: Galileus on January 16, 2014, 10:08:39 AM

Sorry, didn't want to make it seem as if I was complaining.  I agree with Pakislav that repetition could possibly be a good thing (if in moderation) to getting the idea noticed but not spammed.  I never really saw any posts about the topic and I was in such a rush to post it, before forgetting the idea, that I didn't use the search bar :P  Anyway, didn't mean to seem like a jerk, just wanted to ruffle some of Untrustedlife's feathers after his post.

You were trolling me?
I can assure you the troll was unsuccessful.
And none of the posts that you replied to were mine.

You try to troll me for enjoyment, i troll you back. I'm watching you..... *evil eye*
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

TechnicPyro

Quote from: TechnicPyro on January 12, 2014, 07:40:35 PM
I never said he stole the idea of it, I just said how it was really similar, the police were a joke, sort of a reasoning behind that failed to seem funny.

This was supposed to be the reply to you.  I made the second come "Now THAT is extremely similar to my suggestion" as a little joke that failed utterly and I'll just go now...

KrSoloZ

Hmmmmm since everyone has somewhat natural disasters maybe ill attempt the psychological disasters:
-serial killer: one randomly selected colonist randomly murders people every week or so and you have to figure out who it is (hopefully the event won't start till you have about 15 colonists)
-insomnia:occurs to hard working people (it can allow people who have it to work longer but will slowly make them mentally breakdown can be cured by medicine(implement maybe))
-psychopath/sociopath: 1/1000 chance that the next colonist recruited is a sociopath/psychopath (won't be revealed Till a certain amount of time)
-native tribe(not really an event but it seems interesting to implement): native tribes can also recruit and trade and evolve(like a AI) can cause huge battles and raids against the player and there could be a diplomatic system involved to negotiate boundaries, ransoms, and alliances (75% chance it is a aggressive tribe, 25% it is a peaceful tribe(can toggle on and off so its the players choice(possible storyteller?)))
-power outage: your batteries lose all stored power and wires are cut preventing electricity usage or power sources malfunction and you can only  rely on stored electricity.
-diseases: Mosquitos, airborne, water contamination, rotten food
-stampede: muffalo(or any creature) go on a rampage for a couple days(in game days)
-heat flash: becomes to hot for workers to work and outdoor plants to grow(forest fire maybe?(or something related to that))
-colonists arrive: 3-5 people crash land on the planet and start a new colony(bigger map generation may be required)
-storyteller on the fritz: you get a warning pop up message alerting you that the storyteller is out of control causing rapid amounts of random events(with limitations of course) for a in game days time
Well that's all I have for now  ;D (sorry I'm a little limited about options i don't own the game my assumptions are based off of reviews and videos) i hope you continue to update and excel with RimWorld I hope to see future progress soon! Bye! Thank You for your time!

poncho

pheromone outbreak: happiness and loyalty boost (prisoners join instantly...)

Creepypastaanime

Rival gang: has a chance to activate if 2 or more raider crews are on your world at the same time. The raiders begin to attack each other, however they are still trying to claim your base.

Friendly travelers: Some travelers pass bye your base. you can invite them to stay a night for a price, you can also betray them and kill/capture them, but they will fight back if you do.

Is it the red wire, or the blue?: while building power conduits there is a small chance the builder will connect wires wrong blow them self up (or electrocute them self) resulting in a fire and an incapacitated colonist. The higher level the builder is, the lower chance they have of electrocuting them selfs.
please click on the egg to help it hatch and grow into a dragon