[Mod request] Necromancy

Started by CruelBanana, January 03, 2018, 11:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CruelBanana

This is not even much of a request, but more of a suggestion to some experienced modding team. So, the bedrock is to make a PROPER necromancy in the game (not some bullshit, when you summon a limited amount of skeletons out of nowhere).
Let's say there's a pawn. And the pawn likes to poke dead things with a stick. Suddenly, it realizes that it has a gift of some sort (like, f.e., star wars force mod) to raise those dead things and make them poke other things with knives. The ammount should be unlimited, and maybe it can include animals. For it not to become to easy early on, the pawn should have to gain experience to raise dead things in better shape (note: please don't make amount of risen limited, that would suck so much). A good idea would be to also implement some sort of "power algoritm" and make it so with higher levels of skill you can raise more powerful beings (start with rats and squirrels, go to rabbits, then foxes>deers>people>wolves>bears>thrumbos> dinasours). I say algorithm, because just putting animals in list of levels wouldn't work with mods, or would require constant patches. Also, on beginning levels your minions are in awful shape (let's say there are 20 levels of skills, then at level one every trait has only 5% of functionality (5% speed, work, etc.), but get 5% better with every level.
The other thing is for pawns to be able to only perform fighting and dumb labor. They should still use range weapons (not only melee), cause with 5% of accuracy guns are pretty useless. As for damage, as long as it has brain it fights. No downing unless both legs are cut off (because dead don't feel pain).
What would be the ideal result? We can raise hundreds of dead minions, that are almost completely useless at the beginning, but as character grows in experience it becomes a formidable army. I love the concepr of necromancy, but don't know any game that wouldn't make it suck. If someone picks it up, it would be very appreciated. I know this is A LOT to ask for, but you never know when a crazy lunatic with masochistic preferences will decide to go through coding hell just to make another mod.