Blurred textures / Low resolution icons

Started by Bigchilly, January 02, 2018, 08:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigchilly

I've been playing Rimworld on and off ever since i purchased it back in October 2016, I've logged in over 100 hours and noticed this bug I have now with all of the mods that add a new texture/item/clothing etc. They are extremely blurred or low resolution, attached is a few pictures of what it looks like, and I'm certain there are no mod conflictions, as i tested running each mod by itself on new saves, etc. I think the problem occurred around the time update b18 came out, I didn't know until all my preferred mods were updated, then I started using them again and had this issue. It bugs the absolute crap out of me, any help is good help.

Also my hardware is all up to date, and even then the default textures should also be effected if it was a hardware issue, as far as I know.

Default clothing v. Modded clothing

Actual pawn v. picture of pawn

Mods in the pictures shown are: The U.S. Military Kit (B18) and Rimsenal - Rimhair (B18)

Bigchilly

bump

This issue is starting to effect more than just mods atm, some of default textures have degraded in quality.
My hardware is up to date and i run no mods, I've uninstalled and reinstalled and the problems still presists

Lesser of a mod bug and more so a bug with the game in general, any help is good help.

Calahan

It would help if you posted your log file (as an attachment please) and provided your precise system specifications instead of encapsulating it with "hardware". Details on where to find your log file can be found here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

As for the other info. Please state what O/S, CPU, GPU, RAM, screen resolution you have/using, along with confirming if you have a laptop or desktop, and whether you are running the Steam or DRM-free version of the game. Finally, can you confirm you have tried running the game in windowed mode (and if so that you still have the same graphical problem in both windowed and fullscreen).

And where you say your "hardware is up to date" can I assume you mean your software drivers? (which are not hardware btw). And so this means that your O/S and GPU drivers are fully up to date? Also, when you say you have tried reinstalling the game, is that a full clean reinstall? (following the step by step instructions found in one of the pinned threads in the support forum). Or have you just uninstalled and reinstalled via Steam (for example). If you have not tried performing a full clean reinstall yet then please try that as well (step by step instructions below) and if that does not solve the issue, please post the log file that is generated from after the clean reinstall (and generated from starting a new vanilla game).

How to Perform a Clean Reinstall

1. Reset RimWorld's configuration data by deleting all the RimWorld configuration files. You'll find them in one of the following folders (depending on your operation system):

Windows        C:/Users/[username]/AppData/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config
C:/Users/[username]/AppData/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld by Ludeon Studios/Config
Note 1: the AppData folder may be hidden.
Note 2: the RimWorld folder within LocalLow may differ for various users, see this thread
MacUsers/[username]/library/Application Support/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config
Users/[username]/library/Caches/RimWorld/Config
Linux/home/[username]/.config/unity3d/Ludeon Studios/RimWorld/Config

2. Uninstall the game and delete the game files.
-If you ARE on Steam:
  A: Unsubscribe from all mods in the Workshop.
  B: In Steam library, right-click RimWorld and select Uninstall.
  C: Shut down Steam.
  D: Delete this folder (if it's there): Steam\SteamApps\common\RimWorld
  E: Delete this folder (if it's there): Steam\SteamApps\workshop\content\294100
  F: Restart your PC.

3. [Windows only] Download and run Delete_RimWorld_Registry_entries.reg (right click the link and use Save Target As) and double-click it to delete all registry entries related to RimWorld.

5. Open Steam, install RimWorld and play.

If the game still doesn't work then please repeat the above, inserting the following two steps.

4. Disable virus protection programs (they occasionally flag RimWorld as a virus and kill it, since it was downloaded from the Internet).

6. Remember to re-enable your virus protection.

Bigchilly

Preformed a clean reinstall as per the instructions in your post, problem still persits, tried it out with a mod also.

Attached is the log file, and system specs are here. By "hardware is up to date" I ment my drivers were up to date.

Windows 7 64bit
AMD Radeon HD 6530D
6.00 GB RAM
919 GB with 91.6 free
monitor is 1920x1080p I run rimworld at native/1080p and at fullscreen

Need anything else just leme know, thanks lad

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]