Can't narrow down conflict or broken mod - halp

Started by diannetea, January 04, 2018, 12:11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diannetea

I have a pretty big mod list right now, all from the Steam Workshop.  I'm having an issue where I do NOT have ship chunk drop events happen ever, and I know it has to be a conflict but I cannot narrow down what mod is causing this.

I have searched the files as extensively as possible, I only have a few mods that I can tell alter the storytellers (Hospitality, Psychology, Wandering Caravans), the only mod I can tell that directly touches the Ship Chunk event is the Various Space Ship Chunk mod.  So I'm kind of at a loss here, there are no errors in the console, and nobody is reporting these issues on the workshop pages.

Does anyone else have any tips on narrowing this down or maybe also have this issue?  It's entirely possible there are other events that aren't happening for me at all and I just haven't realized it, I just know for a fact I have a 3+ year game where no ship chunks have fallen (I've started a new one since so I'm not entirely sure the age of it) :/

I should add that I'm using Phoebe Chillax on "Somewhat Challenging" on a Crashlanded scenario.

BrokenValkyrie

Your issue is one of the most difficult to track down. It could be a simple case of bad luck. I remember going without ship chunk for a year.

Have you tried devmode and executing ship chunk incident? At least you know that ship chunk incident still works. If it is mod conflict, a lot more than just ship chunk incident would be borked. Another possibility is that you have an mods that modify Story Teller, like population increase, increase trade ship frequency, or mods that add new/change incidents.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: BrokenValkyrie on January 04, 2018, 01:17:22 AM
Another possibility is that you have an mods that modify Story Teller, like population increase, increase trade ship frequency, or mods that add new/change incidents.

There's a mod to increase trade ship frequency? Or maybe one that let's you call them?

BrokenValkyrie

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=725465444
This mods increase frequency of trade ship that appear on comms. This one is safe, it uses patch operation.

diannetea

Your issue is one of the most difficult to track down. It could be a simple case of bad luck. I remember going without ship chunk for a year.

Have you tried devmode and executing ship chunk incident? At least you know that ship chunk incident still works. If it is mod conflict, a lot more than just ship chunk incident would be borked. Another possibility is that you have an mods that modify Story Teller, like population increase, increase trade ship frequency, or mods that add new/change incidents.

I have, the ship chunk incident does work if I trigger it manually.  I wish there was an easy way to post the mod list, unfortunately ModSwitch doesn't appear to save a list anywhere that isn't just the steam ID numbers. 

There is one other thing that I know of that is definitely broken, and it's weirdly specific.  If a colonist has a compulsive cleaning break they can't find anything to clean and get stuck in one spot until the break is over (even if the base is incredibly dirty).  I can't imagine they're related though.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: diannetea on January 04, 2018, 02:42:20 PM

I have, the ship chunk incident does work if I trigger it manually.  I wish there was an easy way to post the mod list, unfortunately ModSwitch doesn't appear to save a list anywhere that isn't just the steam ID numbers. 

There is one other thing that I know of that is definitely broken, and it's weirdly specific.  If a colonist has a compulsive cleaning break they can't find anything to clean and get stuck in one spot until the break is over (even if the base is incredibly dirty).  I can't imagine they're related though.

Can you not post the ModsConfig.xml? My directory on Windows 7 for it is, C:\Users\Harry_Dicks\AppData\LocalLow\Luderon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config althought if you are using Steam I'm not sure if it saves there as well.

diannetea

BrokenValkyrie

Post screen cap of the mod list, not elegant but it will have to do otherwise.

Canute

If you got hugslib installed, just use share logs button at the error window.
That report include the modlist too.

diannetea

I reordered my entire mod list and this doesn't appear to be an issue any longer as a chunk landed within 5 minutes of my test game :D