IED in starting gear causes drop pod to never appear

Started by Oblivion, January 03, 2018, 06:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblivion

So I'm creating my own scenario, and in it your stating colonists, 4 of them , land in drop pods to start the game. However, when I went to test the scenario, by basically choosing a random difficulty, random starting point on the world map and random colonists, only 3 out of the 4 colonists would actually reach the ground and work fine. The other 4th drop pod never lands - you can just see the shadow of where it should land. This really confused me and I think it's a bug, and I hope it can be fixed so I can upload my scenario to the steam workshop. The log and save are too big, The save download link is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CBRvesUrJnmewCqLDGVYhAnjUl0tmHer, however to summarise the log it's basically a repetition of this many times:

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Exception ticking DropPodIncoming10015: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.GridsUtility.GetThingList (IntVec3 c, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Building_Trap.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingOwner.ThingOwnerTick (Boolean removeIfDestroyed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ActiveDropPod.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingOwner.ThingOwnerTick (Boolean removeIfDestroyed) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Skyfaller.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I don't have any mods loaded, I'm just using a custom scenario, the contents of which I'll post below:

Your faction will be a New Arrivals.
Start with 4 people, chosen from 4.
Your people will be between 28 and 38 years old.
Non-player characters have a 45% chance to start with trait: Careful shooter
Player starting characters have a 30% chance to start with trait: Fast walker
Player starting characters have a 55% chance to start with trait: Steadfast
All characters have a 25% chance to start with trait: Nimble
Start with research: Mortars
Start with research: IEDs
Start with research: Gun turrets
Start with research: Precision Rifling
The stat "train animal chance" will be universally multiplied by 125%.

Incident created:
-Enemy raid
-Journey offer

Start with:
-Packaged survival meal x75
-Frag grenades
-Assault rifle x2
-IED trap x3
-Revolver
-Steel advanced helmet x5
-Silver x100
-Deerhide bedroll x4
-Cloth cowboy hat
-Medicine x30
-Component x10
-Steel knife

OmagaIII

I have seen something similar to this.

Although I run a highly modded pack atm. Only 3 pods drop on a new map and subsequently my 3rd member just disappears.

You can see all the members when the map start. As soon as you click on 'ok' to proceed, just before the pods come down, one of the pawns is undressed, and a second later, disappears.

If anyone knows of a config, or a mod that is known to do this, that might also help.

pyro42

Birds... They sometimes collide with pod mid flight...

Razuhl

Remove the IED-Traps from your starting gear to avoid the error message. Traps spawn "armed" and thus they check each turn if a pawn is on their position, but in the pod their position is not yet defined and thus a NullReferenceException is raised.

Tynan

Minifiable things in starting gear really should start minified. That should fix it, theoretically.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog