Does not work on linux

Started by general_kitten, January 25, 2018, 10:27:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

general_kitten

maybe relevant information:
system: ubuntu 16.04
pc specs: 8gb ram, ryzen 3, rx 460, ssd
i had enabled some mods

detailed description: once i start the game, it starts to load normally until the stage "initializing.."(usually too dots but sometimes 1 or 3). when it hits initializing the pc will start rapidly slowing down and becomes unresponsive, only way to get pc working again is to press the reset button or kill rimworld early enough. I have howerver managed to record that in that stage cpu use drops from 25% (1 thread) to about 8% and memory usage from >240mB to about 20-60mB. i have tried force open gl, updating drivers and verifying that they are used and removing and reinstalling the game.

Any help would be much appreciated and if you need more information dont be hesitant to ask.

Crow_T

Not sure what is going on, but is this a Steam install or are you running from the folder? You can take a look at the log files for any glaring issues. Also, have you tried an unmodded startup? I would just do a straight up vanilla start first.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Calahan

Please can you post your log file (as an attachment). Details on where to find it can be found here (see #6): https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0