[B18] Faulty egg cooking logic, ingredients being wasted

Started by UMK, January 05, 2018, 10:14:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UMK

When cooking fine meals, chefs can take 5 vegetables, 1-4 pieces of meat/milk and 1 egg and cook fine meal; but at the same time they can cook 1 egg and 5 vegetables. So basically meat/milk can be wasted. Non-determenistically (sometimes chefs pick ingredients in right order) can be reproduced by placing 1 milk, 5 rice and 1 egg and ordering to cook fine meal.

Canute

Not a bug, just a bad/simple resource managment.
It is like Black Jack, the card dealer give you allways a new card until you got 21 or too much.
Same to the cook, he is gathering resources until he got the nessesary nutri for his recipe.

Solution: exclude eggs from the recipe and create new recipe with egg's only to avoid the waste of resources.

Razuhl

You can use the mod RIMMSqol, it fixes this bug. If the crafter discovers he will pick up too many resources he simply removes as many resources from his shopping list as he can while still having enough. In your case the meat/milk will not be used.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

NeverPire

I didn't even know it exists non-steam mods. It interests me.
I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: NeverPire on January 10, 2018, 05:30:07 AM
I didn't even know it exists non-steam mods. It interests me.

There is a whole DRM-Free Version of Rimworld that exists without Steam  ;D

Calahan

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 10, 2018, 06:37:18 AM...that exists without Steam  ;D
Games exist outside of Steam!!! (be careful who you tell this to as some just won't believe you and might even report you to the Prophet Gabe for spreading fake news).

SpaceDorf

Those Horns are not for show, I fear no false Prophet, whos desire is to control my gaming experience.

My Donut is filled with tasty Apple Jelly from the Tree of Knowledge.
My Coffee is brewed with Water from the Well of Wisdom.

Call me Lightbringer

NeverPire

I use myself a non-steam version of Rimworld, that's why I'm interested.
I just never think about looking for mods outside of steam, stupidly, I agree.

Razuhl

There is at least no offical version. Steam mods can be downloaded by the virtue of having steam, you don't need rimworld in your library. And once downloaded you can simply copy the files from the workshop directory of steam into your mod folder. There is a topic on this in this forum already Manually Download Mod From Steam.

So for this mod you take the file id from the steam link for the mod, the app id from the games store page and then use steams cmd line to download the mod as described in the topic above. The files are then in the folder
"[Your Steam Folder]\steamapps\workshop\content\294100\1084452457" which you can copy to your mod directory.

NeverPire

Thank you for your answers and sorry to have a little diverted the thread from its original problem.

YokoZar

Quote from: Canute on January 05, 2018, 12:49:12 PM
Not a bug, just a bad/simple resource managment.
It is like Black Jack, the card dealer give you allways a new card until you got 21 or too much.
Same to the cook, he is gathering resources until he got the nessesary nutri for his recipe.

Solution: exclude eggs from the recipe and create new recipe with egg's only to avoid the waste of resources.
You said this last time when I reported this, and respectfully I disagree.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=37372.msg382334#msg382334

It's unintuitive behavior for the player, "feels bad", and doesn't add anything helpful to gameplay unless you consider creating multiple recipes to do the same intended thing fun.