Patching Depend on Research

Started by PreDiabetic, January 05, 2018, 11:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreDiabetic

Is it possible to patch things depend of research?
For example in Core stool has      "<Comfort>0.5</Comfort>" Let's just say you made new research with name "Stool Upgrade". Upon researching it, Core stool should have       <Comfort>0.75</Comfort>"

dburgdorf

You could probably do it, but it would require C# coding. You couldn't do it with XML. And if you did code that sort of change, the effect would be that every stool already in your base (or anywhere else in the world, for that matter) would magically become more comfortable the moment you completed the research, which doesn't really make much sense. I think you'd be better off just creating a "comfy stool" item which is more comfortable than a basic stool, but requires the new research in order to be made.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

PreDiabetic

Quote from: dburgdorf on January 05, 2018, 12:26:02 PM
You could probably do it, but it would require C# coding. You couldn't do it with XML. And if you did code that sort of change, the effect would be that every stool already in your base (or anywhere else in the world, for that matter) would magically become more comfortable the moment you completed the research, which doesn't really make much sense. I think you'd be better off just creating a "comfy stool" item which is more comfortable than a basic stool, but requires the new research in order to be made.

I knew it would require C# coding, this approved my worries. Stool was an example. I just wanted to learn that if we can change Stats of already established items.